Advantages of aqua aerobics:
- during aqua aerobics classes, the future mother learns to control her breathing, which later will be very useful during childbirth;
- swimming in the pool during classes allows a pregnant woman to control her weight, which means avoiding extra pounds;
- Aqua aerobics classes strengthen the muscles of the body, especially the abdominal and pelvic muscles that participate in labor;
- doing physical exercises in water, pregnant women improve the nervous system, relieve stress, fatigue and a feeling of tension;
- During the voyage, in pregnant women, the blood flow in the legs improves, which is the prevention of varicose veins;
- in late pregnancy, aqua aerobics helps to take the correct position of the fetus in the uterus;
- Swimming improves the activity of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems, and also relieves the load from the spine.
Contraindications aqua aerobics for women who have the following diseases:
- pronounced toxicosis
- threat of spontaneous abortion
- increased uterus tone
- gestosis with increased blood pressure, appearance of protein in the urine, swelling
- placenta previa
Also, aqua aerobics classes are not recommended for pregnant women in the period of acute respiratory infections, influenza, or chronic diseases in the stage of exacerbation.
When can I start aqua aerobics classes in the pool?
Experts argue that in the absence of contraindications, you can begin aqua aerobics classes at any time of pregnancy. If a woman in the class feels good and the desire to engage in aqua aerobics is great, then there are no restrictions. The only thing, that should be taken into account - all lessons in the pool should take place in a calm, unhurried rhythm and last no more than an hour, including warm-up, stretching and cooling.
How are aqua aerobics classes in the pool?
The lessons begin with a ten-minute warm-up, during which pregnant women are offered to walk around at a fast pace or run around in order to warm up the muscles. Next are stretching exercises for the legs and hips, which take about ten minutes. After this, while in the water, pregnant women perform quiet stretching exercises that lead the body into a state of calm. As a rule, these exercises end with aqua aerobics classes.
Also, it is important to consider that aqua aerobics classes in the pool should take place at a water temperature of no lower than 29 C. At the same time, If the pregnant woman is uncomfortable, then you should stop immediately. And of course, it should be recalled that the pool is a slippery surface, so move very carefully and in special shoes.
Good luck and fun!