In this case, lactation has its own characteristics. But if a pregnant woman knows in advance all the necessary information, then in the postpartum period it will be easier, and most importantly quieter. After all, the success of breastfeeding does not depend on the mode of delivery, but on the desire of the mother to breast-feed the baby. And now it is more detailed.
Apply to the chest than quickly!
Contrary to the prevailing myth, it is quite possible to breast-feed the baby after cesarean section. There are chances of the first feeding still in the operating room in the event that the operation was performed with local anesthesia. With such feeding it is necessary to wait in a situation when the cesarean section was done under general anesthesia, and also when the baby requires medical care.
In any case, try to take your child from the children's ward as soon as you come back to normal. After all, some factors can make it difficult to put the baby to the breast, for example, the cause of the first unsuccessful feeding can be ordinary fear.
Feeding even sleepy
Sometimes milk can appear only on the 5th-9th day due to the use of general anesthesia. That is, you just have to put a little more effort into the process of breastfeeding than women who gave birth to themselves. And this is useful for some recommendations.
- Ask your doctor if you are not allowed to feed your baby in the postpartum department. You must bring it to you.
- Often, after cesarean, medications are used that are perfectly normal with breastfeeding. Ask the doctor about it. Write down the names of the drugs.
- Sometimes, during the time, intended for feeding, the child will sleep. Wake up the baby. Start feeding. After all, the production of milk depends on your confidence in the possibility of feeding and on its sucking activity. Therefore, whenever you have brought it, put it to your chest. Newborns can suck at half-sleep.
- Patience! After a difficult birth, the child can very slowly recover. If you take soothing drugs, the baby will be sluggish for a few days. Do not worry! The need for food in a baby is not large. He needs, above all, love and affection. Therefore, hold the child to yourself, say affectionate words - and the baby will know your heartbeat.
- Do not feed the baby with water with glucose or weak tea, as it sometimes does for his comfort. This will reduce the appetite - and the baby will not suck the milk. In addition, the child will get used to the method of feeding from the nipple, become sluggishly sucking the breast and as a result may generally refuse breastfeeding.
- Feeding a child more often is one way to adapt to breastfeeding after a cesarean. After all, the mechanism of lactation is simple: the more and more the child sucks, the more milk is allocated. Feeding, as before, once in 3 hours is a thing of the past.
If your child still loses weight, do not rush to feed him. Weight loss is characteristic of all newborns, regardless of the way they are born. The need for supplementation is determined depending on the number of urination per day. So, in the first 3 days they can be 2, from 3 to 6 day - 4, then 6, 10. If there is a discrepancy with such norms, then you need to give supplementation.
Preterm and weakened babies are fed even with expressed milk. And do not need to limit the child in sucking! The child will be more relaxed, and the milk of Mom will start arriving.
After cesarean section, there are other problems with breastfeeding. They directly depend on the health and condition of the mother. But in most cases, such deviations do not differ from the problems of mothers who gave birth in a natural way.
Patience and joy to you, Mom!