Restoration of the body and hygiene means
Alloculations of newly mummies from the vagina in gynecology are called lochias. They are an indicator of the recovery of the female body, contraction and purification of the uterus. The main organ of the reproductive system gradually returns to its original size and shape. The nature of the discharge depends on how quickly the recovery process takes place. If a woman is young, healthy, she has good genetics, then within 2 weeks after physiological birth or cesarean section lochia become less abundant. Their composition also changes. In the third week after childbirth, as a rule, there is already no discharge of bloody clots, excessive bleeding. And if a woman before pregnancy constantly used hygienic tampons, then at this stage of recovery you can return to them again. But if her birth was complicated, for example, by episiotomy or perineal ruptures, then it is better to abstain from using them. After all, in this case, the very process of their introduction into the vagina can provoke pain syndrome and uncomfortable sensations. This may be followed by pain in the abdomen.
To replace sanitary napkins with tampons did not lead to undesirable consequences, several important rules must be considered. Here they are:
- It is forbidden to leave a tampon for the night in the vagina. Taboo is due to the fact that the cervix is ??in the open state. This means that it is the gateway to infections. And the filled product is an ideal medium for reproduction and growth of pathogenic microorganisms.
- This means of hygiene should be changed every two to three hours. Do this regardless of the degree of its fullness.
- The use of tampons for the application of internal seams or episiotomy is allowed no earlier than six weeks.
- Regardless of the manufacturer of such a hygiene product, it is important to strictly observe intimate hygiene.
- If there are pains in the abdomen or lower back, elevated body temperature, changing the nature of the secretions, do not use tampons at all. It is necessary to address to the attending gynecologist. Most likely, there is an inflammatory process, which must be treated.
- It is necessary to apply that brand of products, to which the body is accustomed to pregnancy. Do not experiment with the new one.
In a woman's environment, it is sometimes possible to hear erroneous opinions about the use of such hygiene products. Here are the most common of them:
- Tampons can not be used every day, as they block the exit of blood from the uterus. This is a myth, because any fluid, including menstrual blood, will always find an outlet. So, there can be no talk about blocking the secretions. But here is a rare change of such products to the reproduction of germs in the genital organs can lead.
- These hygiene products can not be used at night. However, if the allocation is not abundant, then at night you can use them.
- Products do not give full protection from leaks. No means of hygiene does not create a woman full protection from the flow of menstrual flow. But the correct introduction of the product significantly reducesrisk of blood leak.
- If the lanyard is torn, the product will remain inside the vagina. Manufacturers of such hygiene products reliably fix cords in them. That's why their detachment is almost impossible.
- Do not alternate pads and tampons. Gynecologists just recommend this alternation. It is useful and hygienic.
- The Virgin should not use such products. In fact, this is possible, but they must choose the hygienic means of the smallest size. Also, girls should take into account that the introduction of a tampon can disrupt the integrity of the hymen, if it is located low.