Why swelling develops
Their primary cause is the actively growing womb. It compresses the organs that are under it and next to it, thereby violating their blood supply. The main reproductive organ also presses on the veins associated with the lower half of the trunk. Blood circulation slows down, fluid accumulates. That is, edema is a consequence of its excess in the body.
Also, the problem can be caused by prolonged sitting or staying in a standing posture. Most often, this pathology is observed in the third trimester of bearing a baby, when the child is gaining weight. The problem in the zone of the lower extremities is localized. The danger of edema during pregnancy is that they signal an increase in blood pressure. If the problem is not addressed, then hypertension, varicose veins may develop.
Benefits of dried apricots for pregnant women
This product supports the work of the female body. Useful properties of dried apricots also apply to the fetus. Here they are:
- The content of a large amount of calcium and phosphorus, which strengthens the bony system of the unborn child.
- Magnesium and iron in dried apricots are necessary for normal hematopoiesis, and potassium is useful for the formation of the muscles of the baby.
- Vitamins C, A, PP, group B support the immunity of women, promote good digestion, save from vitamin deficiency, relieve the signs of toxicosis.
- Organic acids in the dried apricots remove heavy metals from the body.
- Glucose and fructose as natural carbohydrates satisfy the needs of a pregnant woman in energy without harm, without causing obesity and not raising the level of insulin in the blood.
- Laxative properties of dried apricots help prevent constipation, which often affects future mothers.
- The diuretic properties of the product have a beneficial effect on the functioning of the kidneys. That's why dried apricots are used by pregnant women for swelling.
So, knowing about the useful properties of dried apricots, you can use them purposefully: from swelling, constipation, beriberi, alleviation of toxemia.
Contraindications to the use of dried apricots
There are no products that would be ideal for expectant mothers. Here and dried apricot has a number of restrictions when used. This is low blood pressure, a tendency to allergies, bronchial asthma, and also an individual intolerance. An incorrect and excessive hobby for this useful product can also harm pregnant women.
Edema and dried apricots
Experts advise future mothers, in the presence of such a problem, to use dried fruits every day, but not more than 100 grams. This dose is optimal.
It should be taken into account that more useful properties in the product, which is less subjected to heat treatment. Quality are not too bright and elastic to the touch dried apricots. There is an opinion that the Turkish dried apricots are worth buying - it is the best quality.
Immediately before consumption, dried apricots must be washed in warm water. They are a great snack, if you have to postpone another meal or feel hunger.
In order to make the menu more diverse, and the diuretic effect of dried apricots was kept constantly, it can be added to different dishes. For example, curd casserole with pieces of dried apricots will be much tastier, the morning portion of oatmeal is more useful. You can add dried apricots and rice casserole, pudding, jelly, compotes. But it is necessary to observe the measure and remember that dried apricots are a concentrated product, sweet. Its diuretic effect lasts several hours, so it is better not to use dried apricots in the evening.
Nutritionists believe that the best option for a diuretic for pregnant women is a decoction. It is necessary to take 100 grams of product, chop, pour a liter of filtered water, boil for 5 minutes. The broth is consumed without sugar, along with the fruit. A woman should drink it throughout the day.