If you are not the first year behind the wheel, then driving or not driving a car while waiting for a child is your personal choice. It is not known where more negative consequences are waiting for you - from a stressful trip on public transport or from the nervous tension associated with driving.
Advantages of a personal car during pregnancy:
- you will be spared from the long waiting for public transport at the stops (especially this is true during the winter cold);
- no one will accidentally push you or press you down;
- decreases the likelihood of picking up various viral diseases;
- There is an opportunity even in a strong cold to wear light and comfortable clothes;
- you can always stop, relax, relax and even lie down;
- at any time you can quench your thirst or even have a snack;
- Driving gives a powerful charge and positive emotions.
In addition, driving is a familiar attribute of the "old" life, and therefore helps "not to fall out of the cage" and avoid the feeling of detachment from the old way of life, social status.
You should not drive:
- if you were dizzy or fainted;
- if you have severe toxicosis;
- if you are acutely responsive to any smells. In this case, the smells of petrol vapors and exhaust fumes can cause you severe headaches, dizziness and even fainting;
- if you feel that you have become too irritable and irritable. Inadequate behavior at the wheel is dangerous;
- if you have contractions. At this point, do not even try to reach the maternity hospital yourself, it's better to call for help from relatives or call an ambulance. Even if these are not the first births and fights are not strong - all the same do not take risks.
The most important thing, so that driving with a car gives you comfort and peace of mind.
What you need to remember a pregnant woman at the wheel
In women during pregnancy, the reaction slows down, they are more immersed in themselves. This means that no matter how great your driving experience, for these nine months you need to become the most careful and attentive driver on the road. Try to think carefully about maneuvers and not take chances.
In order to feel safe and comfortable, we recommend that you follow several basic rules.
Conveniently locate the driver's seat
A pose with a flat back and knees bent at the knees is unlikely to be convenient for you now. Move the driver's seat back so that, so that between your belly and the rudder there is at least 10 centimeters of free space, and slightly deflect the backrest. But this should not degrade the review. If the steering position in your car is adjustable, then set it lower.
If you have pain in your back, massage cape on the car seat can help, you can also put a small pillow under your back. If desired, you can also install an armrest.
Keep track of your well-being
Try to stop and rest periodically. Get out of the car, walk a little, stretch - in general, do everything to relax and relieve tension. Do not forget about the eyes. From a long ride, and especially in the dark, they quickly get tired. As soon as you feel unwell, stop and do not continue to move. Sometimes it's even better to leave the car and get to the house by public transport or by taxi.
Always have juice in the cabin, mineral water. Going on the road, take with you fruit or something light from food so that during a long standing in a traffic jam you can always have a snack.
If you have to make long trips, including for the city, then for every unforeseen incident in the trunk of the car carry warm clothes, a lantern and a store of non-perishable food (preferably in a road refrigerator).
When leaving the house, always tell the home where you are going, which route and when you plan to return, so that, in case of a long delay, they know where to find you.
Car service shift to others
Ask for the time of pregnancy of a husband or a close relative to fill your car - you now do not need to stand in line at the gas station and breathe in her "flavors."
Prepare in advance for possible breakdowns and accidents. Always keep a mobile phone with you. Find out and write down the phone numbers of the car-care centers that the master can send in case of a breakdown.
Do not do heavy physical work yourself, even if it seems that this is elementary. You can just overestimate your strength.
Do not hesitate to ask for help from strangers or traffic police. In the winter do not attempt to dig yourself out of the snow by yourself. Either leave it in the parking lot, or let someone help you clear the car.
Take into account the characteristics of winter driving
At this time of year on the roads or ice, or incomprehensible porridge of dirt, snow and salt. In such conditions, even an experienced driver often begins to get nervous and creates emergency situations, and what to say about a woman in position. However, on the sidewalks there are also ice and huge snowdrifts. So it is not known who it is better to be in the winter, a driver or a pedestrian.
If in winter, every time you sit behind the wheel, you feel that you can not cope with the car, get nervous and get tired, then it's better not to take chances. And if driving in winter has become a habit for you and you easily overcome all the difficulties, then you should not abandon it. Moreover, you can greatly facilitate your life during the cold winter months, because you feel confident at the wheel in extreme conditions.
- Remember to "pereobut" the car in winter tires (of course, calling for help from her husband or friends);
- exclude driving in neutral gear so that you do not lose control of the car on a slippery road;
- Do not use emergency braking. The consequences of a harsh and reckless braking in the winter can be sad;
- Be ready to move. Practice in a desolate place and work out the correct tactics of behavior when drifting. Note that no one is immune to drifts, even if the ride is much quieter than the speed allowed by the rules and only in the far right row.
Be prepared for surprises
Always carry your passport, medical policy and exchange card. In the documents, insert a piece of paper indicating the coordinates of their loved ones. Even if the expected day of childbirth is still far away, there is little that can happen.
Of course, childbirth, and especially the first, are rarely rapid. When the first precursors appear, do not worry and do not panic. Most likely, you will have time to safely get home, gather and calmly go to the pre-chosen by you maternity hospital.