Causes and manifestations
Toxicosis has another medical name - gestosis. It is characterized by poisoning with substances that are formed during the development of the fetus. Prevalence of early toxicosis in pregnant women is high. Therefore, its symptoms are considered to be traditional signs of pregnancy. Development of toxicosis - an indicator of metabolic disorders of a pregnant woman. This means that the phenomenon itself is pathological.
The state of toxicosis doctors classified by the terms. Early and late toxicosis differ in clinical manifestations. The first are observed in the first trimester and take place at the beginning of the second trimester of pregnancy. That is, early toxicosis is characteristic of the first 12 weeks of an interesting situation.
Manifestations of toxicosis are nausea and vomiting, reaction to odors, and sometimes the occurrence of dermatoses. Most often these symptoms happen in the morning, on an empty stomach and quickly pass. But there is a more serious degree of toxicosis. Vomiting in this case is repeated up to 20 times a day and can be a reaction to any movements of the future mother. Due to nocturnal vomiting, a woman's sleep is disturbed, a sharp weight loss is observed. In the body, food is not retained, which leads to depletion and dehydration of the body, raising the temperature to 37.5 degrees, increasing pulse and dropping pressure. This form of toxicosis necessarily requires in-patient treatment. After all, there is a real threat to the life of your future child.
And it will become easier!
Unfortunately, ready-made medicines or recipes that are equally suitable for all pregnant women are not. But there are some tips from someone else's experience that may help you cope with early toxicosis:
- Do not eat when you do not want to. Exclude from the diet your favorite chocolates, pickles and fried.
- Drink plenty of fluids. This will help the body resist dehydration caused by vomiting. At the same time, cranberry juice, carbonated water, apple juice, dogrose infusion are useful. You can drink just boiled water with lemon juice.
- Take soothing infusions of herbs. Mint, valerian, yarrow stop stomach cramps and just soothe.
- Try to drink a glass of water in the morning on an empty stomach. This will help alleviate the ailments.
- Dairy products and eggs are the most useful breakfast. Try to have breakfast right in bed. Do not rush to get up right after eating.
- Eat small portions and hot food.
- To stop attacks of nausea, you should have with you salted crackers or nuts, mandarin or chewing gum. Try to find a product that is right for you.
- With early toxicosis, pedestrian walks in the fresh air, baths with sea salt are useful.
- Ventilating the kitchen is a chance to remove excess irritants that cause nausea and vomiting in the body.
- Vitamins may help you. Consult with your doctor which one to take better.
- Relax and rest again! It is better for working mums with symptoms of early toxicosis to take a sick leave and save themselves, rather than work and return home exhausted, with a decline in strength.
Some doctors believe that early toxicosis has its advantages, as it regulates the hormonal balance. Nausea and vomiting allegedly make low levels of the hormone, which does not need the early stages of the fetus. And thus, tearing away the unnecessary, the mother's body consumes only useful for the growth and development of the embryo.
The conclusion is one: have patience! Toxicosis, like pregnancy, is a temporary phenomenon in the run-up to a great miracle!
Health mommy and baby!