When is it necessary to start preparing for pregnancy? Ideally in a period of three to four months. It is important for both parents to immediately abandon the habits that affect negatively the body: smoking, alcohol, etc., reduce the consumption of coffee and strong tea. It is undesirable to overheat and supercool during the period of possible conception. It is forbidden to adhere to diets aimed at losing weight, to swing muscles, first of all, the abdominal press. Also beware of diseases, avoid antibiotic treatment. Try to surround yourself with nice people and beautiful things, watch the beautiful, create a positive environment around. Also think about whether your future work will not hurt your future pregnancy.
Tune in mentally and psychologically to the fact that the appearance of the baby will completely change your life.
Before you conceive a child, you need to visit a number of doctors, even if you are absolutely sure of the excellent state of your health.
First, go to the therapist. He will measure your blood pressure, send you to a general analysis of blood and urine. If you have identified hidden chronic diseases, then their treatment should be done before pregnancy. After all, then, when the disease worsens, you can harm a child with taking medications. If you are taking medication and taking medications, tell your doctor about it.
A general blood test will enable you to test it for clotting. Deviations will have to be normalized, since too liquid blood can provoke miscarriages and unnecessary blood loss during childbirth. Immediately determine the blood type and Rh factor. In cases where a woman has a negative Rh and a man has a positive, during pregnancy, it is necessary to constantly do a blood test for Rh-antibodies. This will help in time to determine the rhesus conflict and conduct treatment. Special monitoring is also required for women with the first blood group in the case, if a man has some other blood type, since an immunological conflict is possible.
The second obligatory doctor is a gynecologist. Having examined the uterus and appendages on ultrasound, you are convinced of the absence of formations, the treatment of which requires surgical intervention. Hand over also the analysis on IPPP (infections passed sexual by). Even if you are convinced of the absence of such diseases, it is better to be convinced, having made the analysis of a microflora of a vagina. Analysis for STIs must be handed over by both husband and wife.
Women also need to do a cervical smear to exclude her pathology.
If a woman is more than 35 years old or there were genetic abnormalities in the family, it is better to consult a geneticist. Take an x-ray of the mammary glands (mammogram) to make sure there is no tumor in the chest. Also, you should talk with your doctor about problems with previous pregnancies, if any. Genetics should be addressed in the event that one of the two has a hereditary disease.
The development of the child, the construction of the skeleton will require the cost of calcium. Therefore, the teeth of a pregnant woman can suffer and even very much. Examined at the dentist, not to pass on to the child any chronic infections and not to treat the teeth during pregnancy, since this is highly undesirable.
Here is the algorithm for your medical examination:
- Gynecological examination of colposcopy.
- Therapist, dentist, ENT.
- The general analysis of urine (collect completely morning urine, while make sure that the analysis does not get discharges from other organs).
- Blood test: determination of blood group and Rh factor in both spouses, general blood analysis for clotting, as well as check of hemoglobin, red blood cells, leukocytes, platelets, ESR, color index, leukocyte formula.
- TORCH-complex. Antibodies to rubella, toxoplasma, herpes, CMV, chlamydia - quantitative analysis (with a titer).
- Analyzes for infection: a routine smear, PCR for the presence of twelve most common infections (two are examined).
- Ultrasound of the pelvic organs - at least 2 times per cycle: after menstruation and before menstruation.
- Visit to a geneticist.
- Hemostasiogram, coagulogram.
- Definition of lupus anticoagulant, antibodies to chorionic gonadotropin, antibodies to phospholipids. These are the factors of early miscarriage.
Refer to your doctor for the results of the tests.