What should I do?
Naturally, there are a number of medications that are allowed for use in pregnant women. Moreover, some of the "dangerous" categories are sometimes used by women waiting for children, because the risk of complications from diseases is much higher than as a result of taking the drug. But this is in especially difficult cases. And than it is possible to help or assist the future mum if at it or her, for example, ORVI? Here, grandmother's recipes come to help. In some cases, folk methods effectively cope with various diseases. But there is a danger that all pregnant women should know about. The fact is that some herbs and medicinal plants can adversely affect the course of pregnancy, for example, cause a tonic uterus or severe contractions. This can provoke spontaneous abortion. To avoid negative consequences, coordinate all your actions with your doctor.
Prohibited for pregnant herbs
Herbal medicines, familiar to people, which are used to treat diseases, contain a variety of substances: tannins, alkaloids, essential oils and others. During the first three months of pregnancy, phytopreparations should be treated with particular caution.
It is necessary or not necessary to resort to treatment with herbs in the period of waiting for the baby, it is necessary to decide with the doctor. If he gave a "good", then follow the instructions must be clearly and unquestioningly, without changing the dosage, as well as the way of making tincture or broth.
- St. John's wort, sage, hyssop medicinal break the placental circulation, impede the access of oxygen and nutrients to the baby.
- Lavender, yarrow, juniper, nutmeg, dill, primrose, aloe, senna, nettle, chamomile, leaves of raspberry can provoke miscarriage or premature birth.
- Ginseng, wormwood, sea cabbage, sorrel can cause the child to develop malformations.
- Eleutherococcus, hops, corn stigmas, licorice root, Chinese magnolia vine, anise can cause disruption of the hormonal background, increase nervousness, tachycardia, headaches.
- Valerian, celandine, rosemary, sweet clover can cause nausea, headaches, aggravate the manifestations of toxicosis.
- Dandelion officinalis, walnut, medicated balm, common hops, goose goatee, black currant violate the hormonal background.
- Yarrow vulgaris causes dizziness, skin rashes, increases blood clotting and tone of the uterus.
In the forbidden list are also: aloe tree, barberry common, officinalis, drug lovers, buckthorn fragrant, garlic sowing, tansy, Tangut rhubarb, birdwort, medicinal cough, cat's foot, nettle nettle, stigma corn, common ragwort.
Those pregnant women, who are still interested in treatment with the help of folk remedies, may be confused, because recipes sometimes contain herbs from the "forbidden" list. So what's the deal? As a rule, this phenomenon can be explained by the fact that in very small doses and in the composition with other herbs, a negative impact may not be noted. Moreover, this once again confirms that the doctor's consultation is simply necessary. He will be able to assess the existing risk and adjust the prescription, if necessary.
Be very careful and take care!