Surely, many mothers remember that during the gestation period, especially in later periods, their legs, hands and face sometimes swelled. Obstetrical statistics state that in late terms almost 80% of expectant mothers suffer from puffiness. Is it possible to avoid such a phenomenon? What do you need to do for this?
Prevent edema of limbs
The cause of this pathology can be the usual physiological processes and the manifestation of late toxicosis, that is gestosis. Independently, why the excess fluid accumulates in the limbs, a woman can not. She needs to be consulted about this with an observing gynecologist. But it would be superfluous to ask your mother in advance whether she had a puffiness in pregnancy. If this is the case, then we must deal with the prevention of this pathology. And for this it is necessary to follow such recommendations:
- Eat fully, lean on proteins and carbohydrates. The latter are rich in vegetables, berries, fruits. They are also full of fiber, which creates a feeling of satiety and does not allow you to overeat.
- Minimize the amount of salt used. It is necessary gradually to learn to add less to dishes, less to eat salty foods - cucumbers, herrings, nuts, crackers. Salt always delays water in the body. And if a woman consumes such products in the evening, she creates a greater burden on the kidneys and the next morning she can wake up swollen.
- Avoid prolonged stays in one position. This applies to a comfortable sitting position, and staying on legs. Try to alternate rest, walking, small physical activities.
- Do not greatly reduce the amount of fluid consumed per day. It is enough to consume in general up to one and a half liters. This includes a liquid from the first dishes, juices, compotes and ordinary clean water.
- It's useful to take a pose twice a day for 10 minutes, lying on your back, with your legs raised. You can just lie down on the floor, and lower limbs lean against the wall. The angle should be 30-40 degrees. This will allow the legs to rest, ensuring the flow of blood from the ankles and feet. By the way, this position helps to prevent varicose veins during pregnancy.
- Relieve fatigue and prevent evening swelling with foot baths. They can be cooked on the basis of infusions of chamomile, lavender, lemon balm, mint.
- If you have strongly recovered, the fetus is scheduled to be large, then knee-elbow pose will help avoid swelling. In it, pregnant women should be at least 15 minutes a day, thus ensuring the outflow of fluid from the kidneys.
If in the late gestation period of the baby, that is, after 30 weeks, the woman swells around the extremities, but the protein in the urine is absent and the pressure is within the normal range , then certainly the cause of puffiness lies in the slowing of blood circulation. However, in most cases, the cause of the pathology is the abuse of a woman's salt, improper diet, kidney problems.
- The first - excess fluid accumulates exclusively in the shin area.
- In the second stage, both the lower abdomen and the foot swell.
- The third is characterized by the swelling of the legs, hands, abdomen.
- At the fourth stage, the entire body of a pregnant woman suffers from excess fluid.
In addition to the obvious, visible edema edema is hidden. Only the obstetrician-gynecologist can identify them. In most cases, they are diagnosed by a sharp increase in weight. As a rule, a woman does not change the diet, does not drink more water. It's about gaining weight more than 350 grams per week.
It is worth knowing that the pathology can be a consequence of cardiovascular diseases, chronic pyelonephritis or varicose veins. In each specific case, a doctor should give a recommendation to a future mother. If he offers hospitalization, then do not give up.