Methods of diagnosing a baby's pose
First of all, we understand that it is only after 30 weeks of pregnancy that it is meaningful to be interested in this question. After all, until this time the child turns over in the womb of her mother often. So, you can determine the fetal position in such ways:
- By heartbeat. A normal stethoscope will be needed. Start listening carefully to your stomach on the left side. It is there that the heartbeat of most of the crumbs that are in the right position, that is, in the head, will be heard. Listen carefully, and you will hear a frequency of beats from 120 to 160 per minute. Do not limit yourself to the front zone of the stomach, because often heart beat is better audible when listening to the stethoscope of the sides, in the zone of the upper back of the fetus. If you find that the child is not right, perform special exercises, talk to him, ask the baby to turn over, and the next day, repeat the manipulation of the listening.
- "Map of the belly." This method of diagnosing the location of the child belongs to the American midwife Gale Tally. The essence of it is as follows. First, observe the movements of the fetus, which they are, in which zone of the abdomen most often occur. Then lie down on your side. Feel the baby until the uterus is relaxed. The result of this can be a map, which notes:
- Feelings of the most powerful kicks. This is the leg area.
- Easy stirring. Most likely, this is the area of ??the hands.
- A large protruding section. It may seem like your head, but in fact - ass.
- Side, where the stomach is firmer and more even - the back of the fruit.
- The area where the gynecologist heard the last time a heartbeat.
If a woman practices Gale Tally's method, then she will easily be able to understand in which presentation the child is - the head or pelvic.
Than the "rear view" is dangerous?
Gynecologists always pay attention to the direction in which the back of the baby is turned: towards mother's back or to her stomach? It is important. After all, when a child in the last two months lies back to back, what is called a "rear view" of doctors, then it will begin to be born precisely from this position. In this case, for the mother, the birth will be painful and prolonged. There is a possibility of their completion by caesarean section. For this reason, touching the child and not finding his back, which indicates a "back view", it is worth persuading the child to turn over.
Why does the baby take this pose? The main reason is that the back is still a heavier part of the body. And since today the future mothers move little in the last months, lie more or remain in a half-lying posture, the child accordingly lies, as well as the mother, with the back to the back. He is so comfortable. This can be changed by taking postures in which the force of gravity will pull the fetal back towards the abdomen. This is the standing position of the body of the mother, slightly tilted forward. By the way, floating posture in the pool is an ideal way to create conditions when the child takes the right headache in the womb.
If the mother, because of the large amount of amniotic fluid or the fatty layer, the constant tension of the uterus can not feel the baby with her own hands, then there is no need to make new attempts. It is better to entrust this to the doctor and once again ask to see him. Also it is not necessary to be upset, if he finds a pelvic presentation. Often a few days before childbirth, the children turn over, everything ends well.