Immunoglobulin during pregnancy

Immunoglobulin during pregnancy - instructions for use, contraindications and reviews

In some cases, when a woman has problems with bearing, the doctor can prescribe droppers or injections with an immunoglobulin. The active substance of this drug was isolated from human plasma, and then purified and concentrated. The drug is an immunomodulating and immunostimulating agent: it helps to resist viruses, bacteria and other pathogens. Also, the drug replenishes the number of missing IgG antibodies, which significantly reduces the risk of infection in people with primary and secondary immunodeficiency.

Produce immunoglobulin in two forms: powder and ready-made solution. It is released on prescription.

Indications for the use of immunoglobulin in pregnancy

First, it is worth noting that there are two types of immunoglobulin: "human normal" and "anti-D-immunoglobulin." Remember that these are completely different drugs, and each of them has his testimony. And prescribe the drug only in the most extreme cases: in the presence of serious indications.

Pregnant women, as we have already mentioned, are prescribed immunoglobulin in cases when there is a real threat of miscarriage or premature birth. He will also be prescribed for the development of infections that may have a negative effect on the health of the fetus and the expectant mother, or if there is a Rhesus conflict between the mother and the fetus. Medical statistics say that about 85% of people are Rh-positive, the remaining 15% are Rh-negative. Rhesus-conflict can occur in two cases: with a transfusion of Rh-incompatible blood or in the pregnancy of a Rh-negative woman with a Rh-positive child. With Rh-conflict, an anti-D-immunoglobulin is prescribed. In addition, it is shown with artificial abortion, the threat of miscarriage at any time of pregnancy, with the interruption of ectopic pregnancy, after amniocentesis, as well as procedures that can contribute to the fetal blood flow into the mother's bloodstream when getting an abdominal injury.

Method of application

Immunoglobulin is administered intravenously by a drop route and by intramuscular injection. Dosage is prescribed strictly individually, taking into account the individual tolerability of the pregnant woman and the state of her immune system.

Adverse effects

Side effects are almost not observed, if during the administration of the drug all recommendations (including dosage and speed of administration) were observed. It is possible to display effects during the first intake of the drug: especially during the first hour. In this case, a person can feel malaise, chills, weakness, headache. In addition, there may be a high body temperature. Other possible "pobochki" are possible: dry cough, shortness of breath, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, stomach pain and increased salivation, cyanosis, tachycardia, chest pain, flush to the face, drowsiness, weakness, itching, bronchospasm, skin rash and etc. And this, unfortunately, is not all. Of the other side effects noted: myalgia, aching joints, back pain, hiccups and sweating.

Although in medical practice during pregnancy immunoglobulin is used, the instructions to the drug say that the effect on the fetus and the body of the pregnant woman is not fully understood. Proceeding from this, it is recommended to apply it only in the case when the risk from taking the drug is lower than the danger created by the disease.

Read more: