Causes of infertility after abortion
Scraping of the uterus cavity during abortion is almost always performed blindly by a gynecologist. This manipulation is performed by iron instrumentation. It is he who leads to the fact that the surface layer of the endometrium is damaged. And sometimes negative changes also affect the deeper structures of the walls of the uterus. When a woman eventually makes a decision about pregnancy, even after successful conception, the fertilized egg simply can not attach to the damaged shell of the inner surface of the uterus. Therefore, pregnancy is interrupted.
Another cause is a violation of the hormonal background after such a gynecological operation. After all, pregnancy at any time is accompanied by a hormonal restructuring of the woman's body. Changes occur gradually, as the term increases. A termination of pregnancy is an intervention in this process, a specific hormonal stress. And a prolonged disruption of the hormonal background of a woman can lead to a malfunction in the cycle of menstruation, the absence of ovulation, the development of endocrine infertility.
It is worth noting that after abortions, women often have inflammatory processes. According to statistics, this happens after every second abortion. Inflammatory processes are manifested by chronic endometritis with small discharge of brownish color outside menstruation; scanty monthly; acute inflammation of the appendages with fever, pain in the groin, lower back. The result of inflammation is often the formation of adhesions, tubal-peritoneal form of infertility.
Endometriosis is another, quite common cause of infertility after abortion. After all, sometimes scraping the uterine cavity leads to the fact that the endometrial cells fall into the thickness of the walls of the uterus. Internal endometriosis, called adenomyosis gynecologists, develops. He subsequently manifests severe pain before menstruation, during them, and then infertility.
Diagnosis of a problem after an abortion
When a woman suspects that this particular operation could lead to the inability to conceive a child, this should be reported to the doctor. In such a situation, he can prescribe the following examinations:
- Determining the level of hormones.
- Endometrial examination using the biopsy method. It is an atraumatic method - histological examination after tissue sampling by a special tube-pipe. Usually, with endometritis, this procedure is performed on the 7-10 day of the cycle, in other cases - on 23-26 days from the beginning of the menstruation.
- Diagnosis of patency of the fallopian tubes. To do this, do metrosalpingography, that is, X-rays. The second option (it is more informative) is ultrasound hysterosalpingography.
- Examination for infection. These are those that are sexually transmitted.
- Hysteroscopy. Such a study is conducted in case of suspected intrauterine synechia, adenomyosis, chronic endometritis.
Infertility therapy after abortion
Treatment depends on the consequences to which the gynecological operation led. The infertility therapy after abortion can be prolonged. It's months, year, sometimes and longer. It is directed, first of all, to eliminate the causes that led to the problem. But even under the guidance of a good, experienced specialist, such treatment is not always successful. That's why doctors emphasize the importance of preventing infertility after abortion. It includes restorative treatment with anti-inflammatory drugs and vitamin therapy, taking medications to restore the hormonal background.