Modern studies indicate that adequate physical activity during the gestation of the baby facilitates this process, beneficially affects its both participants. At the same time, doctors emphasize that the effect of friendship with sports will be higher if such activities begin at the very beginning of pregnancy.
In Canada, a large-scale study of the effect of sports on pregnant women was conducted, which allowed to draw important conclusions:
- Regularly engaged in fitness from the first trimester of pregnancy significantly reduces the risk of gestosis in later periods .
- Births in such women are 30% faster.
- Children physically active during pregnancy mums almost do not suffer from hypoxia.
- Such mothers are much less gaining weight than those who are not friends with the sport.
However, this does not mean that sports should be started by all pregnant women and immediately. It is worth considering the main rules:
- The first trimester is a period of increased pressure and pulse, so serious cardio-infections are contraindicated for pregnant women. Their hearts and so work with a double load.
- Relaxin softens and stretches the ligaments, so stretching exercises should be minimized.
- It is necessary to avoid overheating. This is fraught with violations in the blood supply of the fetus. Do it in a dry and cool place, drink enough water and, of course, choose a well "breathable" shape.
- Do not focus on your well-being. After all, a woman can not feel dangerous conditions in the first trimester. Therefore, you should start training after the first tests, ultrasound, visit to the gynecologist.
- The presence of multiple pregnancy, anemia, the threat of interruption, drawing pains in the lower abdomen is a taboo on physical activity.
- It is necessary to protect yourself and the future child as much as possible. This means that fitness classes should not be visited in case of flu epidemics and with heavy workloads. After all, in the first trimester of bearing the fetus, the immunity of the expectant mother is significantly reduced, and most medicines are prohibited. Therefore, the best fitness for a pregnant woman will be at home.
- We must avoid those sports that have a high risk of injury. This is mountain skiing and basketball, snowboarding and horse riding.
- Consult with the treating gynecologist about any stresses, their changes. Gradual and moderation is the best approach for those expectant mothers who before the pregnancy were not friends with the sport and want to maintain their physical form. In this case, experts advise to practice three times a week for 30 minutes. More frequent stresses will become stressful for the body. Training number one for these ladies should be walking. It is better to replace her with physical exercises, walk to work or simply increase the number of walking walks in the fresh air. You can also practice on the treadmill at a medium speed.
Studies have shown that 30 minutes of walking a day help women cope with toxicosis. Therefore, it is worth planning such training for the morning.
Swimming is an excellent sport that has a beneficial effect on the fetus. This is the safest exercise in pregnancy. Swimming improves blood circulation, relieves back pain, eliminates dizziness. Experts advise to practice aqua aerobics for 40 minutes every other day. By the way, no research has confirmed the threat to the health of a pregnant woman when swimming in chlorinated water, which can not be said about the lake, pond, or river.
Future moms can also engage in special yoga for pregnant women in the first trimester. Usually it is a soft complex of exercises, the purpose of which is to alleviate the toxicosis, the gradual preparation of the body for childbirth.