But there is still extracorporeal fertilization in the natural cycle, when medicines are not used to stimulate the growth of follicles. In this case, the impact on the woman's body is more sparing, because the hormonal background does not fall under such a strong blow (hormone stimulation is dangerous development of the ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, which leads to undesirable consequences). But the cases of pregnancy with IVF in the natural cycle - much less. And another important nuance: the procedure of in vitro fertilization in the natural cycle is possible only when a woman has ovulatory cycles. This fertilization is also called "ECO without stimulation", "natural cycles of IVF" and "IVF in unstimulated cycles."
The majority of women who are in reproductive age, almost monthly ripens the follicle, which contains one mature, ready for fertilization, an egg. In extracorporeal fertilization, it is removed from the womb of the woman and fertilized in vitro (in vitro). After transferring the embryo to the uterus, pregnancy progresses safely. But it's only in theory that everything is simple and easy. In fact, experts face some difficulties, about which it would be nice to know a woman. Proceeding from the above, consider all the pros and cons of extracorporeal fertilization in unstimulated cycles.
Pros of in vitro fertilization in the natural cycle
The obvious advantages of IVF in the natural cycle include:
- no risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome;
- a small probability of bleeding and development of inflammatory processes, as well as manifestations of complications (such as oncological diseases of the genitals and mammary glands);
- less physiological and psychological discomfort due to lack of ovarian stimulation;
- high quality endometrium for implantation (higher than in cases of stimulated cycles);
- low probability of multiple pregnancies;
- a significant reduction in the risk of preterm labor;
- the possibility of conducting the procedure for several months in a row.
Minuses of in vitro fertilization in the natural cycle
But this method has its minuses.
- getting only one egg in one cycle;
- impossibility of carrying out the procedure of fertilization, if there is no egg in the follicular fluid;
- immaturity of the egg;
- forced withdrawal of the procedure due to premature ovulation;
- impossibility to choose the best embryos;
- less effectiveness.
The main stages and features of the IVF procedure in the natural cycle
This procedure is carried out in several stages:
- Ultrasound monitoring for the purpose monitoring the development and growth of the follicle (conducted from 7-8 days from the start of the new menstrual cycle);
- Controlling the level of LH and determining its peak;
- Puncture of the follicle and extraction of the egg;
- Male sperm fence for fertilization;
- Immediately fertilization, performed in the laboratory;
- Cultivation (cultivation) of the embryo received (within 2-3 days);
- Transfer of the embryo into the woman's womb.
Who can count on IVF in natural cycles?
Those marriedpeople who:
- can not have children due to the "pipe factor" (obstruction of the fallopian tubes);
- Can not become pregnant due to infertility of the spouse;
- seek to avoid excessive hormonal load;
- are at risk for developing the ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome;
- were treated for cancer or suffered from thromboembolism;
- suffer from diseases of the pancreas, liver;
- had heart surgery, after which they installed artificial valves;
- already experienced several IVF procedures, but qualitative embryos could not be implanted in the uterine wall;
- have a weak response to the stimulation of the ovaries.
The effectiveness of the IVF procedure in the natural cycle
Doctors who specialize in performing in vitro fertilization in natural cycles and have extensive experience claim that the effectiveness of this procedure is very high, but , however, not as much as with IVF in stimulated cycles. This is due to the fact that during the IVF in stimulated cycles there is an opportunity from a large number of developing embryos (usually 10-14) to choose the best and highest quality ones. As a rule, not one, but two or three embryos are used for the transfer, which significantly increases the chances of successful implantation and the subsequent development of pregnancy.
Some experts admit, that they do not like to perform in vitro fertilization in natural cycles, since this is a more labor-intensive work. You can say, jewelry.
Conditions for carrying out IVF in a natural cycle
The procedure for in vitro fertilization can not be performed for all women. Obligatory conditions in this case are:
- the age of a woman is from 18 to 35 years;
- a regular menstrual cycle with obligatory ovulation;
- the necessary levels of hormones (FSH - less than 8, 5 IU / L, estradiol - not less than 100 pmol / ml);
- availability of necessary analyzes;
- an agreement signed and completed by both spouses to conduct the procedure.
The cost of IVF in the natural cycle
It is rather difficult to calculate how much time it will cost to conduct IVF in unstimulated cycles. This is due primarily to the fact that the number of attempts required for a successful outcome is difficult to predict, because each organism has its own individual characteristics. It is known for sure: in order for pregnancy to occur, it may take many more IVF attempts in natural cycles than would be required by IVF with stimulation. And more it is necessary to remember, that each clinic develops own price policy.
Experts noticed that the emotional stress with IVF in the natural cycle is much less than when IVF is performed with stimulation. This is due to the fact that a woman realizes that pregnancy this time will not necessarily happen, and therefore is not greatly upset, if this is the case. Another important point: a woman realizes that her body did not have a massive hormonal effect, which also creates a more favorable psychological atmosphere. In this situation, you need to maximally trust the doctor, tune in to a successful outcome and do everything that the pair require. And then pregnancy becomes not a dream, but a reality.