However, one should not take any laxative (even medicinal origin) in any case! The thing is, that widely used drugs cause a sharp increase in the motor activity of the intestine, which can provoke miscarriage. In addition, they have pronounced side effects in the form of increased production of mucus, pain and spasms of the intestine, loss of fluid and salts (electrolytes) in the emergence of a liquid stool. Such laxatives disrupt the work of the gastrointestinal tract, destroy the normal intestinal flora. These drugs can be partially absorbed by the mother's blood and through the placenta enter the fetus.
Saline solutions possessing a laxative effect - solutions of magnesium (magnesia), sodium and potassium, carbovar salt and others are a particular danger. Their use is contraindicated in pregnancy, as they violate the water-salt balance of a pregnant woman and can lead to serious side effects. But among them there is the only remedy that is allowed during this period, lactulose.
Fatty lubricants, softening stools, unfortunately, also not suitable for a pregnant woman. These are predominantly mineral oils, which, if taken for a long time, interfere with the absorption of vitamins A, D, E, K.
It should be added to all that said that prolonged intake of laxative drugs promotes the development of addiction and constipation. So, all the traditional laxatives (hay leaves and aloe, rhubarb root, buckthorn bark, jostler fruits, castor oil, bisacodyl, sodium picosulfate and many others) are strictly contraindicated to pregnant women!
What kind of laxative can I have during pregnancy?
But, fortunately, today there are a number of drugs that are very safe for pregnant women. They are aimed at loosening the stool and facilitating their movement through the intestines. These laxatives contain derivatives of cellulose and polysaccharides, they attract liquid from the surrounding tissues into the intestine, most often such preparations are not absorbed, do not enter the blood and are relatively neutral in action to the whole organism. The main condition of laxative, used in pregnancy: it should not cause a reduction in the uterus and it should be possible to apply for a long period of time.
Most often with constipation, pregnant women are prescribed Dufalac. There are also many other drugs for liquefaction of stool and stimulation of bowel movement: Transipec, Forlax, Normolact, Prelax and others.
But remember that it is necessary to resort to medicines only in extreme cases, in the presence of hereditary or acquired diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. And the appropriate treatment should be prescribed only by a specialist.
If you suffer from constipation, try to follow the recommendations that will help to solve the problem or at least partially deal with it. And the most reasonable, will, of course, in advance to think about preventing stool delay during pregnancy.
It is necessary to move more, exclude fixing products from the diet, and instead increase the number of vegetable fiber in the menu.
Folk laxative during pregnancy
Actually, mainly on the use of products, possessing a laxative and carminative property, is based on the popular treatment of constipation during pregnancy. Because, despite the huge arsenal of medicinal plants that are able to effectively combat constipation and have a pronounced lax effect, they are all banned for use by future moms. If the problem of constipation is "fresh," stool delays are not yet critical, and the doctor has not prescribed medication for you, or you do not want to resort to the help of pharmaceuticals, you need to turn to the services of certain foods. Energizing intestinal motility, stimulating bowel movement, softening of stool mass will be promoted by such products:
- prunes: you can simply eat several berries of steamed prunes or add it to beets, preparing a tasty and healthy salad. But the most effective is the infusion of prunes: pour in the evening 5-6 berries pre-washed prunes with a glass of steep boiling water and leave until the morning insist. In the morning on an empty stomach, drink compote and bite it with berries;
- Beet: apart from a salad with prunes, raw or boiled beets can be combined with a wide variety of vegetables and fruits, eat separately or as an addition to second courses;
- An apple: every day a raw apple eaten will ease defecation and diversify your diet;
- Kiwi: this small tropical fruit is famous for its very pronounced laxative effect, and therefore, during pregnancy, kiwi should be taken carefully - a remedy of strong potency;
- Ingredients: dried fruit compote is a highly concentrated vitamin drink. But if you cook it from dried apples and cherries (for 1 liter of water - 1 glass of fruit), then this compote will also help in the fight against constipation. And the berries after the infusion in boiling water must be eaten;
- Kefir: laxative effect is only fresh kefir, cooked no more than 2-3 days ago, and best of all - today. More "senior" drink, on the contrary, strengthens, because this yogurt can not be used if you suffer from constipation. Kefir with constipation is useful to drink both at night and in the morning on an empty stomach;
- milk: cow milk itself does not help very much with constipation, although a high percentage of fat still helps soften the stool. But in folk medicine, this product, in combination with others, helps fight the stool retention. Boil 2 crushed figs in a glass of milk and take this "medicine" 4 times a day - a quarter cup at a time. And you can do it simply: just dissolve half a spoonful of honey in a third of a glass of milk and drink at night;
- Potatoes: Squeeze the juice from two raw potatoes (you can use a juicer or grind it on a grater) and dilute it with half boiled water. The resulting drink should be drunk 60 minutes before eating;
- Flax seed oil: very rich and saturated with nutrients, and when using a spoonful of oil on an empty stomach every morning, it will also contribute to a softer natural emptying of the intestine. It is useful to use a variety of oils: olive, corn, pumpkin, walnut.
All these funds can be used without excitement during pregnancy. But it must also be remembered that the best of them will always be water - simple, purified, live (not boiled and not distilled). Make sure you drink enough water every day. It is useful to drink 1-2 glasses 40-60 minutes before each meal.