During pregnancy, most women lack the necessary substances. The most common deficiency of vitamins B6 (100%), B1 (96%), folic acid (77%), vitamin C (64%). Ideally, a deficiency of vitamins should begin to be replenished during pregnancy planning.
But now you are registered, and the gynecologist assigns Magne B6 (or Magnelis B6) to you. It turns out that we appoint him almost every pregnant woman: in 90% of cases - for prevention, 100% - according to indications (uterine tone or problems with the nervous system). Magnelis B6 and Magne B6 are similar medicines, only the first - domestic and cheaper, the second - the import and expensive. It is a combined preparation that restores the deficiency of magnesium and vitamin B6 in the body. It is recommended in the complex therapy of miscarriage, for the prevention of gestosis.
Why do I need magnesium and vitamin B6 for pregnant women?
Magnesium is found in all tissues of the body and is necessary for the normal functioning of cells.
- Magnesium is required for biochemical processes of transformation of creatine phosphate into ATP, a special nucleotide that is a universal source of energy in all living cells.
- Magnesium has a controlling effect on the energy of the organism, takes part in all stages of the synthesis of protein molecules and peptide compounds.
- Participates in most metabolic reactions, in the regulation of nerve impulse transmission and in muscle contraction.
- Has antispasmodic, antiarrhythmic and antiaggregant effect.
- Magnesium deficiency is often manifested by insomnia, chronic fatigue, osteoporosis, arthritis, fibromyalgia, migraines, muscle cramps, spasms, cardiac arrhythmia, constipation, premenstrual syndrome, memory loss, increased anxiety.
- Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) is involved in many metabolic processes, including regulation of metabolic processes in the nervous system.
- Vitamin B6 also improves the absorption of magnesium in the digestive system and its penetration into the cells.
- It provides effective use of glucose in cells and protects from fluctuations in its level in the blood.
- The optimal combination of magnesium and vitamin B6 increases resistance to stress, great physical and mental stress.
- Creates favorable conditions for the normal course of pregnancy.
- It has a beneficial effect on the nervous system.
- Improves the metabolism at the cellular level.
Lack of magnesium in the body can be observed with a violation of diet (diet) or with increased demand for magnesium (with increased physical and mental stress, stress, pregnancy, use of diuretics).
Magnelis B6 during pregnancy: the instruction
It is quite obvious that Magnelis B6 is prescribed to the planning conception and already pregnant women to fill the lack of magnesium and vitamin B6 in their body, and also to prevent the formation of a deficit of these substances. Dosage and duration of reception is determined individually in each individual case. As a rule, adults, including pregnant women, it is recommended to take 2 tablets 3 times a day - during meals. Tablets are washed down with water, and it is better not to combine their reception with the use of other drugs, in particular calcium (magnesium assimilation in this case is reduced) and iron (in this case iron is worse absorbed).
It should be extremely cautious when taking Magnelis B6, if there are any violations in the work of the kidneys. Be sure to tell your doctor if your kidneys are unwell. Such a state is dangerous by the possible poisoning of this drug, which can be expressed by the appearance of nausea, vomiting, lowering blood pressure, difficulty breathing and even coma!
Arguments in application
So, we see that the vitamin is really necessary in pregnancy. But it's still a cure that many women frighten. In the instructions to Magnelis, among contraindications, it is stipulated that during pregnancy it can be taken only as prescribed by the doctor, and that during lactation it should be avoided, as the drug penetrates into breast milk.
Gynecologists generally do not recommend taking any vitamins until 12 weeks. As for Magne B6, it can be started from 5-6 weeks. But is it necessary?
Many women, without hesitation, follow the appointments of their doctor. The rest have to analyze the situation, weigh all the arguments and draw conclusions. In cases of unsuccessful pregnancies in the past, mothers prefer to take Magnelis and not take chances. The same of women who do not have special indications and who feel fine - often refuse it. Among the side effects of this drug is a decrease in the digestibility of iron. And this too often stops pregnant women with very low hemoglobin.
Each woman has her own arguments. And each of them is ready to take risks in different degrees. In any case, the decision is always made only by the mother, not the doctor or girlfriend. Therefore, weigh everything again. And if you use Magnelis, carefully observe the first time: did not appear any side effects and whether you were worse. In this case, you must immediately cancel the drug and tell your doctor about it.