What is important to know?
So, let's start with what we learn, the effect of the drug. The main chemical effect of nimesil is suppression of the synthesis of prostaglandins - special substances that participate in inflammatory processes. Thus, it can be concluded that nimesil perfectly eliminates inflammation, relieving painful sensations. However, everything would be alright, but together with a decrease in inflammation, nimesil also affects other processes in the body, in particular, the process of growth and development of the fetus, since prostaglandins are involved in labor activity, too. Nimesil also affects liver function, as well as other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, so it is not recommended to use it in pregnancy. Moreover, the producers of the medicine themselves warn about this in the instructions.
Nimesil during pregnancy: we study the instruction
If you carefully read the instructions, you will find a line in which "it will be written in black and white": "Nimesil is contraindicated for use in pregnancy". Furthermore, in the instruction it is said and that during breast-feeding, when using nemesil it is necessary to wean the child from the breast, which means a lot.
It is important to note the fact that many European countries limit the use of nimesil not only during pregnancy, but also in many other diseases. And in recent years, the drug is used only as prescribed by the doctor. Moreover, no European country uses nimesil as an antipyretic (as opposed to our compatriots). Therefore, like any other medicine, nimesil should be used only with the permission of the doctor and only for the intended purpose, namely:
- for diseases of the musculoskeletal system (arthritis, arthrosis , lesions of the tendon-ligamentous apparatus of the joints);
- with neuralgia, myalgia;
- for painful menstruation;
- during recovery from injuries.
In these cases, the effectiveness of the drug is quite high.
However, even considering that nemesil practically does not affect the gastric mucosa, it can not be used in the following diseases and conditions:
- exacerbation of gastric and duodenal ulcers;
- severe violations of the liver and kidneys;
- diseases and disorders of blood clotting;
- Pregnancy and lactation.
Based on all of the above, I'd like to remind all future mothers that their body is not a place for experimental activity.
Therefore, let's remember some simple rules that should be observed during pregnancy:
- If the pain is tolerable, it is better to endure it without resorting to medication.
- If the pain becomes your frequent companion, then consult a doctor immediately, and do not swallow an anesthetic.
- In the early stages of pregnancy, be especially cautious about all forms of drug treatment. Give preference to folk methods of treatment or use the means of homeopathy.
- Do not buy medicines that are not accompanied by an instruction or are, but not in your native language. The fact is that such dubious drugs and their manufacturers should alert you - perhaps, the medicine is not allowed for use in our country.
- And finally, after studying the instructions, make the right conclusions and do not risk your health and your kid's health, guided by the opinion that "one packet of medicine will not hurt".
Take care of yourself and your baby and be healthy!