When you wash vegetables and fruits under a strong stream of pods, there is a chance to remove from the surface not only dirt, but also chemicals.
Wash vegetables only with hot water and very carefully, especially start a hard brush. Thoroughly wash even those vegetables and fruits, which you subsequently plan to release from the peel. The fact is that during cleaning, harmful substances from the surface can penetrate the flesh.
Vegetable processing rules
- Do not use green cabbage leaves and a stump.
- If using a raw carrot, discard the core (there are more harmful substances in it than outside 80%).
- Use dill and parsley for food only leaves (but not stems!).
- When using melons and watermelons do not grind them to the crust, leave a little flesh.
- Greenhouse cucumbers contain more nitrates than ground cucumbers. Maybe it's worth to abandon them for a while?
- If the vegetables are soaked for an hour in cold water before cooking, the amount of harmful substances will be reduced by a third.
- When cooking for half an hour, harmful substances are removed: in potatoes - up to 80%, beets - up to 50%, in carrots - up to 70%. Stewed and fried vegetables, on the contrary, keep nitrates in a good way. Unfortunately, nitrates are used for smoking and preserving meat delicacies and vacuum packing, and this is another reason why these products should not be consumed during pregnancy.
And reduce the harm from chemicals that have got into the body of kefir, curdled milk and black currant.