Why do legs hurt in pregnant women?
- The weight of a woman is constantly increasing.
- The center of gravity shifts and the load on the legs increases.
- Pulsating pain and swelling of the legs are usually caused by excessive accumulation of fluid in the body of a woman.
- Growing nails on the legs during pregnancy can also cause discomfort. Most often, this is due to the tight shoes worn by future women in labor.
- Seizures can occur due to increased blood volume and high levels of progesterone in the blood during pregnancy. Also, it is typical when there is a lack of calcium or iron in the body, with anemia, excessive consumption of coffee. As a rule, his legs are wracked at night. Especially suffer from this are pregnant at a later date.
- Constant aching pain in the legs, especially after prolonged standing or walking, is usually associated with varicose veins.
Varicose veins very often become a companion of pregnancy. Even if you have never suffered from such a problem before, become pregnant, you automatically fall into a risk group. Since you have a general system of blood circulation with your child, varicose veins can lead to malnutrition of fetal oxygen. After all, it is from your blood that the child receives all substances important for life. Therefore, the sooner you take the necessary measures, the better will be both of you. To learn varicosity at pregnancy it is easy: feet constantly ache and hurt (especially after long standing or walking); burning, tingling, itching, fatigue and heaviness in the legs; there are edemas and vascular networks; disturbing the night muscle cramps.
How to prevent or relieve pain in the legs during pregnancy?
- Drink plenty of water. Edema increases when the body is dehydrated.
- Reduce the amount of salt consumed so that water does not stay in the body.
- Adhere to a balanced diet, which, necessarily, should include foods high in protein (beans, cheese, fish, meat).
- Watch the weight. Adding more weight during pregnancy than recommended by a doctor can increase edema on the legs.
- Try to avoid a long stay on your feet. If you still have to stand for a long time, try to relax, when it is possible - sit down and lift your feet. If the legs swell up, lift them as often as possible.
- Do not cross your legs while sitting.
- Very careful to do minor stretches.
- Sleep on your left side. The hollow lower vein, which carries the largest amount of blood in the body, is on the right. Thus, the pressure on this vein will significantly decrease, and pain in the legs during pregnancy can be avoided.
- Wear socks that do not strongly pinch your legs.
- Special pantyhose, stockings, golfs and bandages made from medical compression knitwear help prevent problems with blood vessels.
- Shoes and boots should be comfortable and on a small heel, and shoe and shoe insole - quality.
- Learn how to walk properly. It is necessary to develop a posture in which the weight is distributed evenly on both legs, and the spine remains perfectly straight and maximally unloaded. To do this, try not to bend too much of the lower back and do not lean back the upper part of the body, which is very desirable to do in later pregnancy, when the abdomen becomes unreasonably large. To begin to train it is necessary in advance when the stomach is still invisible - then you will not have problems with varicose veins. You can also learn the correct posture by walking with a book on your head.
- Do not miss the opportunity to walk barefoot along the river or the sea sand, on the morning dew.
- If the legs are too tired by night, make a bath at room temperature, after which you apply a cooling gel to your feet and massage them lightly.
- If there are foot pains, try the following procedure: pour very cold water into a large basin or in a bath; then get up there and step from foot to foot. You can instead simply pour ankles and calves with cold water from the tap. Then wipe dry with a towel.
- There are curative creams and ointments aimed at the prevention and treatment of varicose veins. Since these products are made on the basis of horse chestnut extract, their application is completely harmless.
- Massage and physiotherapy will prevent stagnation of blood and reduce the likelihood of pain in the legs during pregnancy. Swimming is also very useful.
- It should be avoided being in the sun for a long time and, especially, do not sunbathe specially - ultraviolet weakens the walls of venous vessels and promotes the appearance of varicose during pregnancy.
- Bathing is best replaced with a contrast shower - it will strengthen the walls of venous vessels and significantly reduce pain in the legs.
- You can not lift weights and do heavy physical labor.