So, consider the features of the onset and the course of the "interesting" situation in women over 35.
Today, the standard of sexual life is sexual activity after 40 and after 50. This suggests more chances of pregnancy in women of any childbearing age.
But according to statistics, most of these conceptions are unexpected and not planned. It's randomness. After all, with age, many women stop paying proper attention to contraception, believing that their ability to conceive is reduced.
The same medical statistics indicate that at the age of 35 only one in ten pregnancies remains. Previously, this indicator was smaller, so we can talk about the trend of maintaining random pregnancies at this age.
The stormy age of feminism, the struggle for survival, aspirations to make a career up to 30 years, causes many ladies to postpone the offensive & bdquo; Mom's posts & rdquo; . So it turns out that sometimes, only having reached career heights, financial stability, having housing, women decide to become pregnant. This is today a real trend and the reason that young parents (meaning the first baby) are getting old.
Another tendency of a planned pregnancy after thirty years is divorce and entering into a second marriage with the desire to give birth to a second baby from the second husband.
But sometimes in the first marriage, such a desire arises when the life, career, housing, the eldest son or daughter is already learning, and the father and mother feel lonely.
For many women who have lived in marriage for more than ten to fifteen years and beat the thresholds of medical centers in the hope of having a child, suddenly comes the happiest day in life. And very often this happens when all hopes are lost, and the woman has already reconciled with childlessness.
Sometimes this is successful attempts at in vitro fertilization. Chances to endure and give birth to a healthy child in such women are much less than those who have not turned 30. Therefore, reproductologists urge couples not to delay with IVF until such age. The advantage of this & bdquo; interesting & rdquo; provisions - compliance with all rules, recommendations, reinsurance in all respects, faith and patience, helping to give birth to a baby successfully. However, this is a lot of risks.
Problems of late pregnancies
Of course, every woman at this age has many chances to endure and give birth to a healthy child, but you should be aware of all the risks to her and the fetus. So, let's start with the first:
- Miscarriages. Gynecological statistics indicate that the risk of miscarriage in women under 30 years of age is 10%. With age, this indicator increases. So, up to 39 years old it is already 17%, up to 44 - 33%. This is due to the deterioration in the health of the woman herself, her reproductive system.
- Placental problems. This refers to the presentation, the possibility of premature detachment of the placenta.
- Exacerbation of chronic ailments. Often this happens precisely against the background of pregnancy, which lays down on the body an additional burden and reduces the woman's immunity. Usually, these are the problems of kidneys, pressure, gastrointestinal diseases. Forty-three-year-old women are three times more likely to develop diabetes. And this, in turn, is fraught with pre-eclampsia, premature birth, stillbirth, placental complications.
- Multiple pregnancy. According to statistics, it is at the age of 35-39 that the peak of conception begins with twins. And it almost always breaks in childbirth, bleeding.
- Cesarean section. If a woman of this age gives birth for the first time, then the delivery in this way occurs in 40% of cases.
And now, from my mother, we turn to the baby and learn about all the risks for him. Among them the frequency:
- The small weight of the fetus.
- Premature delivery.
- Great risk of hypoxia during delivery.
- Chances of chromosomal abnormalities of the baby. Despite all of the above, both in 35 and 39 women give birth to healthy children, because the level of today's medicine allows women to know in advance about the possible risks to themselves and the fetus, successfully prevent emerging pathologies. As psychologists note, the woman's most aware attitude to the future baby, her great desire to give birth level out all difficulties, risks and fears. The vast majority of them give birth to healthy and intelligent children.