Physiologically, the appearance of stretch marks is caused by three reasons: a rapid change in weight (elastic fibers of the skin break), a hormonal explosion (hormones change the structure of a part of the connective tissue in the "fertile" zones), an increase in the sensitivity of the skin to the corticosteroids (the organism reacts inadequately to corticosteroids by changing connective tissue).
Complaints about stretch marks you hear more than once, but women who are not burdened by them (as well as those burdened without any pregnancy) are many. There are simple methods of prevention, which, of course, do not give 100% guarantee, but, following the well-known principle "It is better to do and regret, than to regret not having done it," one should listen to them.
- Try wearing an antenatal bandage, and get a good bra that is able to support the chest well without squeezing it.
- A cold shower and circular massage with firm jets strengthens and tones the skin.
- For the skin to become soft and supple, blood circulation improves, it is good to carry out a superficial peeling with the help of a massage glove and exfoliating creams.
- It is worth using and special creams (containing elastin), preventing the appearance of striae - they increase the elasticity of tissues and prevent the rupture of fibers.
- Massage should be done daily, and you can use almond oil instead of cream.
- Prevention measures should continue after childbirth. If the stretch marks still appeared, drink plenty of fluids, apply daily cream from stretch marks and at every opportunity use moisturizing creams. If these measures do not help, then despair should not in any case. Firstly, after delivery, stretch marks will decrease and become less noticeable, and secondly, technologies of modern cosmetology - vascular laser, mesotherapy - are at your service. But they do not need to be pulled: they are able to fight only with "young" (not more than a year) stretches, for later microdermabrasion and micro-current therapy will do. So the main rule is not to delay!