There are several mandatory rules in the care of postpartum scars, but first you need to understand what kind of stitches are and in what cases they are imposed on the parturient woman.
- Sutures after caesarean section. Here everything is self-explanatory. Seams are mandatory. The size of the surgical incision is about 12 cm, and it is done in the area of ??the lower segment of the uterus.
- Stitches on the cervix. They are applied when the uterus tissue is ruptured in natural childbirth, and the rupture is caused by insufficient opening of the cervix and premature ejection of the fetus, in which the head presses the cervix, causing it to burst.
- Sutures in the vagina. The walls of the vagina burst in the same cases as the cervix.
- Sutures on the perineum. Crotch ruptures are the most common, there are several types and arise in different situations: rapid labor, premature birth, pelvic presentation of the fetus and the like. The posterior spike of the vagina (1 degree of rupture), skin and pelvic floor muscles (grade 2) and skin, muscles and rectum (grade 3) can rupture. The perineal ruptures are also artificial: the perineum is dissected with a special tool on the median line from the posterior adhesion of the vagina to the anus.
There are several methods of suturing. Recently, seams are increasingly used, they are borrowed from cosmetology. After healing, they are completely invisible. However, regardless of the technique of application, seams require the same quality care. Distinguishes seams only the material with which they are made. If the seams are applied with non-absorbable threads, then they should be removed after 2-5 days. But the self-absorbable material does not require such a procedure. Most often used kedgut, vikril and makson. These threads completely dissolve without repeated medical intervention, that is, such seams are not removed.
Than to process seams after sorts or labors?
Sutures in the vagina and cervix, as a rule, do not bother a woman and do not require special care. You just have to follow the rules of personal hygiene and not lift the weight. Such stitches are imposed by threads, which for several weeks dissolve independently. Scars heal without pain and quickly.
Special attention is required after the caesarean section. In the first days after the operation, they are taken care of by a nurse. The surgical suture is treated daily with antiseptic solutions and a sterile dressing is applied. After a week, non-absorbable filaments are removed, but the processing procedures continue.
Women often complain that the pain of stitches in the perineum does not last long, and the stitches heal badly. It is necessary to endure a little here, but the handling is extremely important. Different women have different drugs for this. The obstetricians in the maternity hospitals process the sutures on the perineum, usually with greenery. At home, it is recommended to try ointment Levomekol, Bepanten, Malavit gel, Solcoseryl, Chlorhexidine, sea buckthorn oil, Chlorophyllipt. It should be noted that not all funds are equally good: many women, for example, note the intensification of painful sensations when using Levomecol, and therefore you need to try, pick and tolerate - time also heals in this case. Meanwhile, do not forget about hygiene.
The first shower with a postoperative scar can be taken no earlier than a week after the operation, with the most careful washing of the seam itself (it can not be rubbed with a washcloth).
How many sutures heal after birth?
In the field of surgical intervention, the woman in labor will suffer pain for a long time, pain relievers will help to cope with pain relievers first, and then special post-partum bandages can help to reduce pain, and the belly can also be tied with a diaper. Within 2 months a woman should not lift weights in order to avoid a possible rupture of the suture.
Careful care is needed, as we have already said, to the external seams of the perineum. Plus, everything behind these wounds is hardest to take care of. Faster and easier to heal artificial incisions, because such a cut has smooth edges, which contributes to the early adhesion and the formation of an aesthetic scar.
The main condition for the rapid healing of any wound is maximum protection against all kinds of bacteria and rest. Ensuring aseptic conditions in the perineal region is most difficult. This can not be imposed on the bandage, nor can it be removed from postpartum discharge. It remains to observe personal hygiene with extreme care:
- the gaskets should be replaced every 2 hours;
- Wear loose cotton underwear;
- discard the pulling laundry;
- after each visit to the toilet wash out with clean water;
- Wash seams every morning and evening with soap;
- After washing, dry the crotch with a towel;
- Treat seams with antiseptic agents daily.
Seams of the perineum disturb the woman for at least a few weeks after giving birth, and sometimes months. Sometimes they are accompanied by pain and special discomfort. The main difficulty of the "sewn" woman is the prohibition on sitting. A woman in childbirth will have to do half a sitting for at least a week because of the risk of breaking the imposed seams. In a few days you can sit on a hard chair with only one buttock, and then the whole. It is necessary to avoid constipation, so as not to produce excess pressure on the crotch.
Scars on the perineum cause pain and discomfort during sex for several months after they are completely healed, because the scar formed constricts the entrance to the vagina. In this case, a comfortable pose and special ointments from the scars can help.
The most unpleasant and dangerous complication is the discrepancy of postpartum sutures. The reasons can be the following: suppuration of stitches, sharp movements, early sitting down.
Symptoms of possible complications:
- bleeding of sutures;
- incessant pain in the field of superimposed sutures;
- a sense of heaviness in the perineum (testifies more often to the accumulation of blood in the area of ??damage);
- painful swelling of the wounds;
- high body temperature.
In all these cases, you need to see a doctor who will examine your stitches and prescribe the appropriate treatment. With purulent-inflammatory complications, usually prescribed Vishnevsky ointment or Synthomycin emulsion, which are used for several days.
You can speed up the healing process by using simple special exercises. To increase the flow of blood should stretch and relax the muscles of the pelvic floor. The most effective is the "retard urine" exercise, in which the muscles of the vagina contract. Strain should be delayed for 6 seconds, then relax. Repeat exercises can be several times a day, tension and relaxation alternate 5-8 times