According to some information in our time, this diagnosis puts about 40% of pregnant women. Their pregnancy ends in the first weeks of an arbitrary miscarriage, which provokes just a frozen pregnancy. It occurs when the fetus stops developing. The causes of this phenomenon can be different - starting from the harmful habits of future parents and ending with chromosomal abnormalities in the fetus. The most common cause of frozen pregnancy are various infections that the pregnant woman accidentally picked up (rubella, chicken pox) and hormonal disorders in the body.
Well, if the frozen pregnancy ends in itself a miscarriage. Usually this occurs at very early stages of pregnancy. Otherwise, the consequences for a woman can be extremely unpleasant. After all, the frozen fetus begins to break down, causing inflammation in the uterine cavity. Therefore, in the diagnosis of frozen pregnancy, a medical abortion is clearly shown by scraping the uterine cavity or taking medications, after which there is a miscarriage (if the gestation period does not exceed 8 weeks).
To avoid unpleasant consequences, it is important as soon as possible to identify the symptoms of frozen pregnancy. But is it possible? The signs of a frozen pregnancy can be both pronounced and hidden. The most correct way to avoid an undesirable outcome is regular examination of specialists and careful treatment of their health.
What are the symptoms with a stiffened pregnancy?
You are well aware of the signs of pregnancy: nausea and vomiting (toxicosis), swelling of mammary glands, high basal temperature and so on. All these symptoms arise from the adaptation of the woman's body to the foreign body (the fetus). And if this fruit stops developing, then according to the logic of things everything should fall into place. However, most often this does not happen. Pregnancy stops, and its symptoms continue. And only later their abrupt termination is observed. It so happens that a woman clearly feels a sudden termination of pregnancy. This should alert her and cause him to go to a doctor.
- Highlights. If the frozen pregnancy occurred already in the first three weeks after conception, then, most likely, in time there will be scanty monthly, but their duration will be much higher than usual. Bloody discharge during pregnancy is always the reason for an urgent visit to the doctor. Even if it's a small drop of blood, do not take risks. Usually causes a blood discharge not frozen pregnancy, but the threat of its interruption. That is, the embryo continues to evolve, and the uterus tries in every possible way to get rid of it. It happens that a frozen pregnancy is combined with a miscarriage. In this case, there are necessarily spotting.
- Pain. Most often, tingling and pulling pains in the lower abdomen indicate a beginning miscarriage, but for a stiff pregnancy they are not characteristic. Only in the later stages of fading can pain appear resembling menstrual.
- Chest. The most striking symptom of the appearance of pregnancy is the pain and swelling of the mammary glands. With a frozen pregnancy, these symptoms abruptly stop.
- Toxicosis. If you are very much nauseated and vomiting in the first trimester and suddenly they stop abruptly - see a doctor, especially if the gestation period does not exceed 10 weeks.
- Basal temperature. With a frozen pregnancy, she returns to the same marks as in the usual "non-pregnant" condition. However, this is not the main symptom of pathology.
You should be more attentive to yourself if you already had a similar situation. The threat of repeated frozen pregnancy occurs quite often.
The most dangerous is a dead pregnancy at a later date. It has not only negative physiological consequences, but also psychological. The symptoms of a frozen pregnancy in the second trimester can also be obvious, and hidden.
- The abdomen. With a dead pregnancy, it stops growing. The uterus does not increase in size.
- Wobbles. The most obvious sign of a stunted pregnancy is the cessation of fetal movements. A few days of "silence" in the abdomen is an extremely dangerous situation.
- Body temperature. If the fetus died a long time ago, and the woman does not suspect about it, then in her body there are serious changes. In the womb, an infection develops, which causes a sudden increase in body temperature.
- Bleeding. At any time of pregnancy, any allocation should be the reason for contacting a doctor. With a frozen pregnancy discharge may not be observed.
However, in no case should you make a diagnosis yourself. Even if all the symptoms coincide, it does not mean anything. Confirm the diagnosis can only a doctor, having conducted a lot of different examinations.
- Gynecological examination. The method of palpation reveals a mismatch between the size of the uterus and the expected duration of pregnancy. However, this method helps to detect a frozen pregnancy only in the second and third trimester. In the first weeks of pregnancy, the size of the uterus is not so different from the "non-pregnant" sizes.
- Chorionic gonadotropin. A blood test for hCG is mandatory for suspected pregnancy. Its indicators in this case first stop at a certain level, and then decrease.
- Ultrasound. With the help of this survey, a frozen pregnancy can be diagnosed at different times. The absence of palpitation in the fetus, stopping the growth of the embryo or its absence in the fetal egg - all these are clear signs of a frozen pregnancy.
However, the doctor can establish the final diagnosis only by comparing all the results obtained. Before the verdict and even after it, try not to panic. It's easy to say, but, of course, there is nothing worse for the mother than the loss of her baby. However, remember that after a stagnant pregnancy, you have every chance of bearing a healthy baby.
Take care of yourself!