There are various tests to determine pregnancy. The simplest and cheapest ones are test strips. They are very popular among women, but they are inferior in reliability compared to more expensive and high-quality inkjet tests. In general, the accuracy of modern tests is very high - more than 99%. One percent of manufacturers always leave for the right to make a mistake - there are a number of reasons why tests can show a false result. But in recent years, gynecologists have become increasingly skeptical about the use of home tests. Today, doctors determine their accuracy as not exceeding 97%, and often much lower. Nevertheless, if everything is done correctly and take into account the factors influencing the result, the test can show a fairly accurate result.
It should be noted
- Highly sensitive jet tests are considered the most accurate.
- It is necessary to follow the instructions to the test clearly, so that the results are as accurate as possible.
- Do not touch the reaction zone of the test with your hands.
- Do not allow moisture or dirt to enter the test.
- The test can not be used after the expiration of the storage period or with obvious damage to the package (only hermetically sealed).
- Do not allow foreign matter to enter the urine sample.
- You can not try to diagnose a pregnancy later than the one specified on the test of time - this will not be a reliable result.
- You need to know when to do the test, so that it is the most accurate. Remember that the longer the test, the more accurate the test result: the level of hCG in the blood and urine reaches the maximum markings in 2-3 months of pregnancy.
- The test is most informative when conducted in the morning using the first morning urine.
- You can not use stale urine for the test.
- To increase the reliability of the results, several tests of different manufacturers should be conducted with an interval of 2-3 days.
- If the menstrual cycle is irregular, the gestation period may be shorter than the expected pregnancy, so the test may show a false result.
- Do not forget about the first signs of pregnancy, which can already manifest and confirm your suspicions.
- The test result can be checked by measuring basal temperature - in pregnancy it exceeds 37 degrees.
- Remember that there are many reasons why a test can be wrong.
It should also be noted that poor health, menopause, lactation, use of alcohol and drugs (except for hCG), and contraceptive methods and other factors do not affect the test results.
However, of course, the home test is not a guaranteed diagnosis of pregnancy and does not replace the mandatory one in the event of a delay in a monthly examination of the gynecologist. Remember also that the test does not indicate a pathology, which is possible in the case of a blood test and often - when ultrasound passes. Therefore, if you have any suspicions of pregnancy - as soon as possible, appear to the gynecologist regardless of the results of the home test.