What is the threat of miscarriage?
Miscarriage - spontaneous termination of pregnancy, occurring at the time of the twenty-second week. If the miscarriage occurred in the first trimester of pregnancy (before 13 weeks), it is called early. Interruption of pregnancy, starting from the 23rd week, is called premature birth. As a rule, that something is wrong with the body of a pregnant woman and it is likely that an abortion will occur, "report" certain signs. This is called the threat of miscarriage.
Symptoms of a threat of miscarriage
The threat of spontaneous abortion is accompanied by certain symptoms. If you know about them, you can prevent the problem in time.
So, the threat of spontaneous abortion can be recognized by such signs:
- Vaginal discharge, ranging from light pink, red and dark brown. These discharges can be scarce - literally a few drops, or abundant - as during menstruation. As a rule, when threatening or starting spontaneous abortion, allocations are initially minor, but become more intense over time. Sometimes the allocation is very meager, but does not stop for several days.
- Severe spasms of the lower abdomen. Pain during the threat is identical with that experienced by women with very painful periods. But in some cases, spotting may not be accompanied by pain.
What can cause a threat of miscarriage?
The reasons that lead to spontaneous abortion, and at first only to the threat of such, quite a lot. Below is a list of the most common causes contributing to the emergence of a threat of miscarriage in pregnant women.
- Hormonal. If a certain amount of hormones are produced in the body of an inadequate amount of women, "responsible" for the successful development of pregnancy, there is a threat of its interruption. In particular, it concerns progesterone or estrogen. If in time to determine that the body is not enough for a woman, for example, progesterone, you can save pregnancy by prescribing the medications containing this hormone. But too much hormone is also not good. After all, elevated levels of androgens (as men's hormones are called) also causes a threat of miscarriage.
- Genetic. Because of the so-called genetic "breakdowns" the fetus, in most cases, develops incorrectly. Often it is not viable and dies even in the early stages of pregnancy. According to statistics, about 73% of miscarriages occur precisely for this reason.
- Infectious. If any infectious disease has settled in the body, including those that are sexually transmitted (chlamydia, herpes, cytomegalovirus, trichomoniasis, toxoplasmosis, syphilis, etc.), the chances of a miscarriage threat are colossal.
- Immunological. These causes arise as a result of the immune incompatibility of a woman and a man, and also in the Rh rhesus conflict. In the second case, it is meant that the child inherits the positive rhesus of the father, and the Rh-negative organism of the woman tries to tear away the alien cells of the embryo for him.
- Physiological. These include various defects or anatomical features of the structure of the uterus and cervix, that is, the female reproductive system. This may be, for example, an abnormal structure of the uterus or its insufficiency.
- Medicinal. There are a number of drugs that are strictly prohibited for pregnant women, since they can cause a threat of spontaneous abortion.
- Age. Doctors say that women over the age of 30 automatically fall into the risk group, since after this age the body functions with certain "failures".
- "Harmful". This includes such habits as smoking, drinking alcohol and drugs.
- Physical and mental. Heavy physical labor, strong emotional stress, fatigue is the right step towards the diagnosis of "threat of miscarriage".
Incidentally, abortions and miscarriage of pregnancy that occurred in the past can be noted as a separate line. This, too, often causes a threat.
The first actions for threatening miscarriage
The first thing a pregnant woman needs to do when she sees symptoms of a miscarriage is to lie down and pick up the phone. Lie down in such a way that the legs are in a raised state. The phone is needed in order to inform the doctor about what happened and, if possible, call him at home. As a rule, after consulting a doctor, a woman with the help of relatives should go to the hospital, where she will receive medical care. If the bleeding is severe, you need to call an ambulance, whose employees are obliged to provide first aid on the spot, and then to add the pregnant woman to the gynecological ward of the hospital. It is very important, while the woman waits for the doctor, to try to calm down. In case you can not do it yourself, you can drink a few drops of valerian tincture or motherwort. Sometimes a doctor in a telephone mode, after listening to a woman, can ask to drink one or two pills no-shpy. Do not worry about this, because no-spa for pregnant women - the drug is allowed, it perfectly removes spasms and tone of the uterus.
In most cases, when there is a strong threat of miscarriage, when the real unambiguous symptoms are already manifesting, the pregnant woman is "saved". Treatment in the inpatient ward of the hospital will take place depending on whether, what exactly became the cause of such a state. In order to determine this, a special examination and tests are carried out.
Every pregnant woman should know about preventive measures to protect herself and prevent the threat of miscarriage. It must be remembered that cured chronic and acute diseases, rational nutrition, rejection of bad habits, avoidance of stress and strong physical exertion - a pledge that the threat of a miscarriage due to a woman's fault certainly will not come. As for other, more complex, reasons, then how will mother-nature dispose of it. The task of the woman is to minimize the risk and do everything possible to bring a healthy and strong baby to the light.