However, not everything is so simple. In each trimester of pregnancy, the future mother and her baby need a different vitamin set. For example, in the early term, there is a growing need for tocopherol (or vitamin E). The fact is that this element provides a normal course of pregnancy and makes it possible to give birth to a healthy child.
How does it work?a mummy's and her baby's mom's? What are the dangers of overdose? Let's figure it out, because every woman expecting a baby should have this information to exclude the possibility of many complications.
The benefits of vitamin E in early pregnancy
Tocopherol is a vitally important and necessary vitamin for a baby. With its deficiency, the fetus does not have the ability to fully develop, and serious complications are possible with the health of the expectant mother. The vitamin component takes an active part in the intrauterine formation of the fetus. With its deficiency, the functioning of the placenta, which performs the main nutritional function for the fetus during pregnancy, is impaired. The benefits of a vitamin in the early stages of bearing a baby are as follows:
- Tocopherol takes an active part in the formation and further maturation of a child's place - the placenta.
- Reduces the risk of premature aging or exfoliation of the embryonic organ (placenta), thereby reducing the likelihood of miscarriage in the early stages of pregnancy.
- Activates blood circulation in the umbilical cord, which is the connecting channel between the baby and the pregnant woman.
- Takes part in the synthesis of hormones, which are very important during pregnancy.
- Adjusts the functionality of the ovaries.
- Normalizes the hormonal background during pregnancy.
- Improves the production of prolactin required for normal lactation. Its deficiency can cause a lack of breast milk in a woman after childbirth.
- Takes direct part in the formation and development of the internal organs and systems of the future child (in particular the respiratory system).
Tocopherol is very important, both for the health of a pregnant woman and for the health of her child. However, for all the usefulness, it is necessary to strictly control the dosage of the vitamin in order to protect yourself from an overdose, which is extremely undesirable during the period of gestation.
Rules for taking tocopherol during early pregnancy
To get the most benefit from the vitamin, pregnant women need to know how, in what form and in what doses it is necessary to take it.
In the first trimester of pregnancy, doctors often prescribe tocopherol in the form of capsules. Take them during a meal, because the vitamin is well absorbed in symbiosis with fats. The dosage of the drug and the duration of the appointment is prescribed exclusively by the attending physician. On average, the daily norm of the vitamin is about 20 mg, but depending on the course of pregnancy and the individual characteristics of the female body, it can be adjusted by a doctor.
In the second and third trimesters of pregnancy, it is not necessary to drink capsular vitamin, because at these times, multivitamin preparations containing vitamin E. are prescribed.
Do not forget about foods containing in a sufficient amount of tocopherol. It is very important that the menu of the pregnant woman includes:
- vegetable oils (unrefined);
- dairy products;
- wheat germ;
- fruits and vegetables (especially peach, mango, avocado, broccoli, spinach);
- the egg yolk;
- seeds and nuts;
- cereals: buckwheat, oatmeal, brown rice;
- sea buckthorn and hips.
You can also replenish the vitamin reserve with herbal decoction prepared from crimson leaves. You can also take a mixture of vegetable oils: cedar, sunflower and olive.
However, do not forget that all folk methods of vitaminization must necessarily be discussed with a specialist.
About the usefulness of vitamin E and its overdose during pregnancy there are many controversial conversations. And this is not surprising, because with all the advantages, tocopherol as a fat-soluble vitamin has a feature to be deposited in the liver and fat layers, and, as is known, in the nine months of their pregnancy there is a lot in the body of a woman. In addition, an overabundance of this element increases the elasticity of muscles, and this can create difficulties during labor activity.
Overdose of vitamin E adversely affects the well-being of the future mother and the development of the child. An overabundance of tocopherol can provoke:
- congenital pathologies of fetal development;
- Nervous disorders of the mother;
- problems with the kidney system and liver of a pregnant woman.
However, do not focus on all of the above factors and stop taking the vitamin. About the accumulation of tocopherol in the female body, then this is possible only with the intake of 10 capsules instead of the prescribed three per day or with prolonged use of the vitamin, that is throughout the period of pregnancy. Therefore, do not worry about this, you just need to consult a doctor and discuss with him the dosage and duration of vitamin therapy. And to give up this priceless and necessary, especially in the early stages of pregnancy, vitamin is not worth it, since with its deficiency, serious problems and even a threat of miscarriage may arise.
Observance of all medical recommendations and complete control over nutrition will allow you to get the most benefit from this important element.
It is not without reason that in translation from the Greek language the first half of the name of the vitamin "Tokos" means "birth", and the second "ferro" - "wear". In other words, the main task of the vitamin is to bear a healthy and strong baby.