Briefly about hemoglobin
It is a complex protein containing iron. Hemoglobin is responsible for supplying oxygen to tissues and organs, taking part in the transfer of carbon dioxide to the respiratory system.
The normal value of this substance is 120 g / l. During the period of gestation, the hemoglobin often decreases. And, as practice shows, this happens in most cases to the second trimester. Among the causes of pathology may be stress, low blood pressure, diseases of internal organs. A low level of hemoglobin is iron deficiency anemia. Her symptoms are decreased appetite, drowsiness, fatigue, tachycardia, dyspnea. At a low hemoglobin to the future mum it is recommended to happen more on fresh air, prescribe iron-containing preparations.
Products and hemoglobin
When you are pregnant, you do not have to wait for the doctor to prescribe medicine to increase hemoglobin. You can introduce foods rich in iron into the diet, and thus improve the situation. So, here they are:
- Beet. It is necessary to regularly drink 30 grams of fresh vegetable juice or 100-150 grams of boiled. With beet, you can make salads, saturating the body with fiber and preventing a set of excess weight.
- Water melon and melon. They should be seasonal. It is important to take pregnant foods without nitrates.
- Apples. It is recommended to eat them daily 0, 5 kilograms, dividing into portions during the day.
- Rowan. Berry heals anemia due to the large content of vitamin C, which helps assimilate iron. Especially a lot of it in the berry of the black-berry variety.
- Rosehips. And it is saturated with ascorbic acid, it helps the body absorb iron. Pregnant women are recommended to drink infusion of fruit. It should be consumed at 0, 5 liters per day.
- Carrots. It is rich in iron, but the beet is inferior. And that vitamin A from the vegetable is assimilated by the organism of the future mother, it is recommended to use it with sour cream. You can drink carrot juice on & frac12; glass a day. This option is more suitable for those pregnant women who have already gained excess weight.
- Nettles. The medicinal plant is also rich in iron. If you take into account that this is a weed, then with its help hemoglobin in the blood can be raised absolutely free of charge. A tablespoon of nettle should be given 300 grams of boiling water and insist 20-30 minutes. To drink such a drug you need a glass a day.
- Walnuts. If a woman is not threatened with excess weight, then you need to eat them 100 grams daily.
- Grenades. This is one of the best options for replenishing iron deficiency in the blood. As an option - juice from a pomegranate.
- Buckwheat. She is the leader among all porridges for iron content. Followed by millet.
- Chocolate. This product to increase hemoglobin can only be used for pregnant women who do not suffer from excess weight, is not inclined to increase blood sugar.
- Berries. With anemia, you can fight with red berries. These are strawberries, cranberries, strawberries, viburnum, blueberries.
- Dried fruits. They can be used in winter, when there are no fresh berries. It should be borne in mind that such sources of hemoglobin are too high in calories. Therefore, use them better in the morning and no more than 150 grams. Suitable are dried apricots, raisins, figs, prunes.
- Hematogen. This is a special drug product that can simultaneously serve as a dessert and perfectly raise the level of hemoglobin in the body of a pregnant woman.
- Liver, beef, Red caviar is the best source of iron of animal origin. For pregnant women, they are also sources of protein necessary for growth and development of the fetus.
In order to iron from all the above products is well absorbed by the body, you need to consume daily vitamin C in the amount of 75 mg. It is also recommended to replace black tea with green, walk more outdoors, and make a menu, including the above products.