The list of concerns includes body temperature. Any increase or decrease in body temperature leads to women in a panic position.
What body temperature is normal for pregnancy?
Often a rise in body temperature (up to 37, 2 degrees) is observed in the first months of pregnancy. In some cases, such indicators can last for all nine months of bearing the baby. Doctors do not attribute such a phenomenon to pathology, but explain such deviations from the norm by the natural physiological process that occurs during pregnancy.
- Active development of progesterone, which affects the center of thermoregulation, can affect the increase in temperature indices.
- During pregnancy, all women are weakened by the immune system, and immunosuppression occurs. Thus, the fetus is protected from unwanted rejection.
Increased body temperature during pregnancy
Unfortunately, women during pregnancy are not immune from various diseases and pathologies, so a fever can signal any health problems and threaten the future child.
If a woman in the position of a thermometer shows no higher than 37.2 degrees, and there are no other symptoms, then a rise in temperature does not pose a threat to the future mother and her baby. But with a significant increase in pregnancy it is necessary to visit a doctor and undergo a clinical examination to find out the reason for such indicators. Do not forget, that an increased temperature for several days can significantly harm the course of pregnancy and adversely affect the development of the fetus.
The following factors may provoke such a process:
- increased uterine tone, which can lead to abortion;
- placental lesions, as a result of which pathological disturbances in fetal development may occur;
- dysfunction of the cardiovascular system, caused by intoxication of the female body;
- development of defects in the fetus (especially in the first trimester).
In any case, when a temperature symptom appears, a woman needs to seek qualified medical help to determine the cause of fever. The most common are:
- Flu, ARVI. The temperature can reach 39 degrees. In addition, there are accompanying symptoms: body aches, weakness, chills, runny nose, pain in the eye area.
- Diseases of the respiratory system, in particular, laryngitis, bronchitis, tracheitis, pneumonia. In addition to raising the temperature, the patient has a cough of varying degrees (dry, wet) and sore throat.
- Thyrotoxicosis. Disease associated with a violation of the functionality of the thyroid gland. The main symptoms of the pathology are increased appetite (but at the same time, a sharp loss of body weight), irritability (even tearfulness), elevated body temperature (up to 38 degrees).
- Problems with the urinary system (kidney disease, cystitis). The main signs of the pathological process are lower abdominal pain and lower back, abnormal urination, elevated body temperature.
This list lists the most common reasons for increasing temperature indicators, but there may be much more. However, if the future mother on the thermometer more than 37, 5 degrees, then you need to urgently take measures to stabilize the state. For this you can use folk remedies:
- abundant drink (warm tea with lemon, cranberry drink, herbal decoctions);
- wet wiping;
- The acetic rubbing of the body (a tablespoon of vinegar, three tablespoons of water).
If such methods do not knock down the temperature, then drug therapy is needed. However, do not forget that the reception of pharmaceuticals can be carried out only after medical approval, because most of the antipyretic drugs have contraindications.
Reduced body temperature during pregnancy
The pathological process is signaled and the temperature is below 36, 6 degrees. With a hypothermia, the thermometer can show 36, 0. If during a pregnancy a woman has such a condition for several days, then it is necessary to consult a doctor immediately, since such indicators indicate the presence of certain problems.
The very drop in temperature does not adversely affect the course of pregnancy. But the diseases that caused such a symptom, can significantly harm a pregnant woman and her baby.
The reasons for the lowered thermoregulation may be:
- decreased immunity, which often happens during pregnancy;
- Inadequate nutrition, especially in the first trimester, when a woman has to face a toxicosis;
- Anemia or a decrease in hemoglobin;
- hypothyroidism caused by dysfunction of the thyroid gland (drowsiness, weakness, puffiness, low body temperature - the main signs of ailment);
- the transferred diseases of an infectious nature (influenza, ARVI);
- hypoglycemia or a decrease in blood sugar caused by an unbalanced diet or diabetes mellitus;
- chronic fatigue, provoked by physical or mental stress.
How do I measure the temperature?
Of course, all of the above reasons for changing temperature indicators have a negative impact on the well-being of both mother and her child. Therefore, if you have any health problems, a woman needs to measure the temperature. To make it correctly the following recommendations will help:
- Before the procedure, it is not recommended to drink hot drinks. Also, you can not measure immediately after exercise.
- Measure the temperature you need in a calm state.
- If you use an electronic device for measurement, the procedure should be carried out for about five minutes, if the mercury meter does not exceed 10 minutes. / ol>
If the parameters of the measuring device do not correspond to the norm, do not hesitate to visit the doctor. The specialist will conduct a competent examination and appoint treatment if necessary.