On the importance of proper nutrition
Why should a lactating woman pay special attention to her own diet? First of all, because delivery is a serious burden, a test for the female body. In the postnatal period, he needs to replenish the substances used to carry the child. The baby, having been born, continues to depend on the mother's organism, that is, on breast milk. Its components are produced by cells of the mammary glands and at the same time those nutrients that are in the blood of a woman are used. There they come from the intestine. Accordingly, the products that make up the mother's diet, in a modified form, are present in breast milk. Hence, they must be of high quality, safe and nutritious. It is these that ensure the healthy development of the baby.
Another reason that makes nursing moms to be attentive to the diet, Is a tendency to an increase in the number of allergic diseases and disorders of the function of the gastrointestinal tract. They arise in connection with gestosis of pregnancy, lead to a change in the barrier function of the intestine, the penetration of allergens into breast milk.
What should be excluded from the ration of the nursing mother?
In view of the above, it is necessary to make a menu of a lactating woman. Regardless of her age, health status and the presence of allergies to nursing mothers is strongly discouraged:
- Alcohol. Any of its kinds, even non-alcoholic beer, can negatively affect the baby, cause intestinal colic, drowsiness, and depression of the nervous system.
- Products with the glory of allergens. These include eggs, seafood, chocolate, nuts, beekeeping products, vegetables, berries and fruits of red color. Under a special ban, citrus fruits, which are considered to be the most powerful allergens. And tropical fruits (mango, papaya, avocado) is better not temporarily used.
- Strong coffee and tea. They excite the child's nervous system.
- Garlic and onions. These vegetables give the breast milk a specific flavor, which may not like the baby.
- Beans. All of them lead to increased gas production, provoke colic.
- White cabbage. She, like the legumes, also provokes swelling, but to a lesser extent.
- Products saturated with a significant amount of flavors, preservatives, dyes. These include shop confectionery, carbonated drinks.
- Smoked meat. The method of preparing them causes the digestive organs to work with a double load.
- Fatty meat and fat. They contain a lot of saturated fatty acids, poorly digestible in the gastrointestinal tract.
What is recommended to eat a nursing mother?
Not so severe restrictions on the diet, as it seems at first glance. Lactating women are allowed to use:
- Sour-milk products (curdled milk, bifidokefir, ryazhanka, yoghurts without additives), cottage cheese of low fat content (5-9%), faint cheese.
- Meat and fish. Suitable beef, low-fat pork, poultry, rabbit, river fish, hake.
- Fat. All types of vegetable oil and cream.
- Cereals: buckwheat, millet, oatmeal, rice.
- Confectionery: crackers, biscuits, dry biscuits, marshmallows, pastilles, marmalade.
- Fruits and vegetables, except for banned.
- Drinks. Non-sterile green tea, non-carbonated mineral water, compotes, fruit drinks, teas with thyme, oregano, mint. These herbs stimulate the formation of milk. There are special pharmacy teas for lactating women.
In addition to drinks, instant milk porridges, dry protein-vitamin-mineral complexes and simply vitamins are produced for nursing mothers. They all make up the shortage of nutrients in the body of women, help to recover more quickly after birth and increase the production of breast milk.