What is dyspareunia
After 6-8 weeks, the woman regains normal size of the uterus. Muscles of the vagina and pelvic floor come in tone, the lochia cease. But for some reason, with the resumption of sexual intercourse, young mothers experience painful sensations. Such clinical manifestations are called dyspareunia. In fact, this is a sexual dysfunction in a couple, which is characterized by the inability to reach orgasm with a regular partner in a normal sexual intercourse. Gynecologists state that dyspareunia occurs after birth in 20-40% of cases. This pathology is divided into superficial and deep. The first is characterized by painful sensations at the moment of entering the penis into the vagina. The second is characterized by pain in the lower abdomen, in the lower back directly during coition.
About the causes of dyspareunia
There are several. Here are the main ones:
- Surgical interventions, injuries. Women often have vaginal, cervical, perineal disruptions. When applying sutures after the appearance of crumbs, the doctor can not always restore the anatomical integrity of the reproductive organs and tissues. Sometimes their scarring occurs, inflammation occurs, which disrupt the blood supply of the genital organs. Accordingly, with sex, pain occurs.
- Infections. Local urogenital infections (mycoplasmas, candida, ureaplasma, chlamydia) cause inflammation in the vagina and cervix. This occurs against the background of reduced general and local immunity after childbirth. And with the inflammatory process, genital tissue is easily injured. Even short friction causes pain and discomfort. Signs of the inflammatory process in the genital area are itching, burning, abundant mucopurulent discharge with a sharp odor.
- Hormonal changes. Very often, pain in the vagina during sexual relations is observed when the hormonal background changes, in particular, reduced production of estrogens against lactation. This condition leads to insufficient production of lubrication (lubrication) of the vaginal mucosa. Therefore, it does not lengthen or expand in response to sexual arousal. As a result of such a deficit in sexual intercourse, painful sensations arise. The problem is eliminated with moisturizing gels. And it disappears by itself after the termination of breastfeeding.
- Rupture of ligaments. When there was a rupture of ligaments supporting the uterus, the woman feels pain in the lower abdomen with intimate relationships. Sacral and uterine ligaments are the main means of fixing the uterus in the cavity of the small pelvis. The weakening of the ligamentous apparatus occurs in the third trimester of bearing the child, and in childbirth is only aggravated by a rupture. Further mobility of the cervix is ??limited. This leads to pain in coition. Pathology is eliminated with the help of physiotherapy procedures. They also cure the spikes that have arisen as a result of childbirth and prevent a woman from renewing her full sexual life.
- Pathology of the spine. As a rule, back pain starts to worry the expectant mother after 20 weeks of pregnancy. This is due to anatomical changes in the pelvic organs. And after childbirth such pains in the back are caused by pinching of nerves in the spine, displacement of the vertebrae, stretching muscles. To solve the problem helps the postpartum bandage, orthopedic mattress, drugs to improve blood microcirculation.
- Inflammatory diseases. Stagnation of blood in the pelvic organs sometimes leads to the development of endometritis (inflammation of the uterine cavity) or salpingo-oophoritis (inflammation of the appendages). They develop against the background of a decrease in the defenses of the body, accompanied by pains in the lower abdomen. Treatment of inflammation is not without antibiotic therapy, gynecological massage, the use of immunostimulants.
So, if within a few weeks the intimate relationships do not return to normal, the woman feels pain every time she coit, then she must go to the gynecologist. After the examination, he will identify the cause of dyspareunia and help her cope.