Does vision always fall after birth?
Often in Mums forums there are glaring questions: the vision has fallen after giving birth - what is this and why? The panic of the new mother is understandable, but not always appropriate. During pregnancy, every woman must undergo an examination with an ophthalmologist, and this is not an unnecessary "obligation", but an important necessity. In this critical period, the body is undergoing enormous changes, and not only at the hormonal level, but also the metabolism is changing dramatically. Plus, the development of the fetus is accompanied by a decrease in the supply of nutrients in the female body, and if they are not replenished, many organs will be seriously affected.
All these processes can affect the eye, which will affect the visual acuity already in the period of gestation or immediately after childbirth. That's why it is necessary to visit the oculist in every trimester of pregnancy to avoid complications with the eyes in the postpartum period. If there are serious dystrophic changes in the eyeball, the natural birth can be strictly contraindicated, and the baby will be born with the help of caesarean section. Women, who have serious eye diseases, sometimes doctors do not even allow to become pregnant.
It often happens that the entire pregnancy with vision problems was not, and after childbirth it deteriorated sharply. The most common cause of this condition is increased physical activity in the course of labor, when the oculomotor muscles "participate" in childbirth, especially with improper attempts (often the woman in labor not only strains the stomach and pelvis, but the entire body). In such a course, intraocular pressure may increase, even a hemorrhage may occur and temporary strabismus occur after delivery. Often from the family come out with swollen red eyes, and even with a weak visual sharpness.
Doctors calmed: after giving birth, vision can worsen by only one diopter, and call this "pathology" a physiological decline in vision (primarily because of reorganizations in the pregnant body).
How to restore visual acuity after childbirth?
With the restoration of the body, women after the birth gradually come to "normal" absolutely all organs. Vision is also no exception, and ideally within a month or two everything will fall into place, provided that the birth was without serious complications, and before pregnancy the visual acuity was as close as possible to the "normal" indicators.
And yet, what can a woman do to avoid this problem? The answers are very simple:
- It is necessary to prepare for childbirth, first of all, having mastered the correct breathing technique with attempts, to strain only the "right" muscles and not endanger the eye system.
- Do not neglect visits to the oculist. Listen to his recommendations and remember that you can "fix" your vision, and sometimes you need an interesting situation. For example, laser coagulation is performed even for 35 weeks of pregnancy, if there is evidence. Often, the first problems with the eyes occur precisely in this important period of life, therefore, in order to prevent complications, it is necessary to take appropriate measures in advance.
- Be ready for caesarean section according to the testimony, because eye problems are a good reason to prevent a woman from becoming an independent child. If the future mother has a history of serious diseases of the eye system, she will always be under the special care of doctors.
Do not forget that the most reliable "treatment" is prevention. If nevertheless it was not possible to "save" vision during pregnancy, and after childbirth it decreased, then the first thing to do is to turn to the ophthalmologist, and not wait for a miracle that may not happen. At home, the newly mum should pay special attention to her eyes:
- daily gymnastics;
- The "right" diet.
By observing just these two rules, you can fix the problem. Among the exercises for the eyes the simplest are the following:
- Fast blinking for a minute.
- Alternating opening and closing eyes for 5 seconds.
- Artificial darkening of the eyes in broad daylight for 2 minutes.
- Eyelid massage with eyes closed.
- Circular motion of the eyeballs with closed eyes.
- Watching the finger of your hand to the left and to the right, without turning your head.
- Fix a glance at the near and far object (for example, on the drawn point on the windowpane and the far tree outside the window).
"Diet for the eyes" includes the use of the following foods:
- cranberry and cranberry juice;
- blueberries in any form;
- vegetable oils;
- tea from the dog rose and stuff.
The eyes need vitamins A and C, as well as vitamins of the B group. Well, and nobody canceled the general rules for preserving vision: outdoor walks, minimal period of time spent in front of the TV and computer, eye protection from negative impact of the environment (primarily from ultraviolet rays, so you should always wear sunglasses).
By the way, many women, on the contrary, after birth experience a sharp improvement in vision, and not its loss. Doctors associate this with the following factors: if before birth the cause of poor vision was stagnant phenomena or pinched eye muscles, then the birth activity returns everything to normal, and, accordingly, vision improves.
Sincerely we wish all future mothers not to face the problem of visual impairment, but on the contrary, to find the necessary sharpness to enjoy bright life colors!