First of all, it is necessary to understand that in each clinic the expiration date of analyzes for IVF is own. But there are medium terms on which you can navigate. So, both future parents should first conduct a study on the blood group and the Rh factor, if the spouses do not know them, and then it is necessary to pass such tests:
- Blood for syphilis. Validity of the analysis is 1-3 months.
- Blood for HIV (AIDS) with the same expiration date.
- A blood test for hepatitis B and C (validity period is three months).
- Blood test for the herpes virus (90 days).
For women, it is necessary to pass such tests:
- A smear for infections. This scraping from the vaginal wall on the definition of mycoplasma, chlamydia, herpes virus and cytomegalovirus. The duration of the stroke is from three to six months.
- A gynecological smear is done to determine the purity of the vagina, that is, the number of leukocytes, the prevalent flora, the presence of the candidate fungus. It is taken from the urethra, the cervical canal, the walls of the vagina. The result of the smear is valid from 10 days to a month.
- Analysis of gonorrhea. This study for the presence of a pathogen - gonorrhea. The result is valid for one month.
- Sowing on mycoplasma and ureaplasma. It is a scraping from the walls of the vagina, urethra, cervical canal, the result is valid for 6 months.
- A Pap smear is also called a Pap smear and is used to diagnose the condition of the cervical epithelium. Its validity is from six months to a year.
- The hormonal profile is determined by the study of the blood of a woman from a vein. The validity period of the result is from 2 to 12 months.
- Thyroid hormones are also examined by taking blood from the vein. Shelf life of the result varies from 3 months to a year.
- A general blood test is taken from the vein, and its effectresult from ten days to a month.
- Biochemical is a blood test for the determination of total protein, creatinine, glucose, bilirubin. The validity of this analysis is up to 30 days.
- A coagulogram is a study of venous blood for clotting. The validity of the result is from a month to three.
- A general urine test is needed to determine the condition of the urinary tract, and it is valid for up to a month.
- Blood test for rubella. It is determined by the venous blood of a woman. Valid 6 months.
In addition, a woman should also undergo ultrasound examination of pelvic organs to determine the state of reproductive organs, fluorography, electrocardiogram. Obligatory is the consultation of the therapist, to which the expectant mother should come with the results of the above analyzes.
Men undergo all the prescribed studies, if their spermatozoa, rather than donor ones, are used for IVF. They provide the reproductologist with the results of such analyzes:
- Spermogram. The term of its action is on the average 90 days, but it determines the quantitative and qualitative characteristics of sperm.
- Smears of PCR, that is, the definition of chlamydia, ureaplasma, cytomegalovirus, herpes virus. Their validity is from 3 to 6 months.
- Sowing on Trichomonas is a smear from the urethra, the result of which will be valid for 10 to 30 days.
All these surveys are mandatory. In addition to them, the doctor can appoint a number of additional. So, for women it can be a survey of mammary glands, ultrasound of the gallbladder, kidneys, pancreas, hysteroscopy. Future dad sometimes pass ultrasound of the prostate, the study of antisperm antibodies. Sometimes they are advised to consult a geneticist and andrologist.
The exact list of analyzes and studies should be specified in the clinic, where an ECO is planned.