Useful properties of bird cherry
To talk about the properties of bird cherry, you need to know its composition. Its berries contain tannins and sugars, citric and malic acids, vitamins C and P, E and K, iron and copper, zinc and magnesium, phytoncides.
Bird cherry has long been famous for such healing properties:
- Firming effect on the organs of the gastrointestinal tract due to the large amount of tannins in the fruit.
- Normalization of the intestine. It is achieved thanks to pectin - an analog of coarse fiber, stimulating the work of the intestine and its smooth muscles.
- Bactericidal properties due to the presence of phytoncides, which guarantee the death of microbes.
- Strengthen the walls of the capillaries. This capacity of bird cherries is due to potassium and vitamin PP.
- Cleansing the blood, again, due to pectin, another property of which is to prevent the absorption of cholesterol into the blood.
- Common restorative properties. This function in bird cherry is due to ascorbic acid, flavonoids, beta-carotene, which comprehensively stimulate immunity and provide anti-cancer protection.
- Diuretics. The therapeutic effect on the kidneys produces potassium and essential oils. Useful in this regard, not only fruits, but also a decoction of leaves, bird cherry bark.
- Anti-inflammatory properties. Fruits remove both internal and external inflammations due to the action of phytoncides, vitamins, minerals. So, calcium and potassium help in the regeneration of tissues, phytoncides disinfect, vitamins E and C act as antioxidants.
- Sweatshop birdworts are used for inflammatory, cold diseases.
- Improvement of joints and removal of salts of heavy metals. Broths of cherry blossom flowers are advised for use with gout, arthritis, rheumatism.
Benefits and harm of bird cherry during pregnancy
Despite a wide range of medicinal properties, during pregnancy, fruits and other parts of bird cherry will do more harm than good. The whole reason is that the bird cherry composition contains hydrocyanic acid, which is a toxic substance. For an adult healthy person, the amount of this acid is completely safe. But for the future mother and her fetus is a threat. Therefore, all the useful properties of bird cherry can be used for internal use, treatment, prevention, a little later, after childbirth.
Possible use of bird cherry in pregnancy
Internal use of bird cherry in pregnancy is risky. But it can be used externally in pregnancy. For example, suitable for the treatment of conjunctivitis and blepharitis of the future mother infusion of berries cherry. This is much safer than the treatment with chemist's chemical medications, contraindicated in bearing a child. So, you need to take a tablespoon of dry berries cherry and blueberries. They should be poured with one glass of steep boiling water. The means is put on for an hour, then filtered and applied as a lotion to diseased eyes. It is most effective to cook this infusion in a thermos bottle.
And even with pain in the back, radiculitis pregnant can be used as rubbing tincture of bark cherry on the vodka. You should simply pour 4 tablespoons of bark 0, 5 liters of vodka, insist the product needs 10 days. Filter and grind.
In addition, bird cherry in the form of infusions are used to treat skin inflammations. So, with dry hands, cracks, skin rashes it is useful to wash with infusion of berries and cherry leaves, do baths. To do this, take a tablespoon of one and the other, pour a glass of boiling water and insist 30-40 minutes. After filtration, the infusion is ready for use.