About the causes of diastasis after childbirth
The expansion of tissues occurs as a response to the pressure of the uterus on the abdominal wall. The growing fetus presses on all the organs of the small pelvis, including the anterior abdominal wall. And their negative contribution to the appearance of the problem is made by hormones. They soften the connective tissue.
Diastasis in most cases appears just after the child is born, when thin tissues no longer provide healthy support to the internal organs and trunk. A slight extension of the white line occurs during any pregnancy. This is an ordinary physiological phenomenon, if the discrepancy does not exceed one and a half, a maximum of two fingers. But when this indicator is beyond the limits of 2, 5, then we are talking about diastase. In its emergence, genetics also plays its role. Miniature women are at risk. More dense and those who practiced sports before pregnancy, this phenomenon can be avoided. After all, athletes have lower and transverse abdominal muscles able to support the uterus when it grows.
Diastasis not only spoils the figure and causes aesthetic discomfort. It can cause back pain.
How to deal with the problem
So, first of all, you need to know that with the divergence of the rectus abdominal muscles, you can not perform exercises designed for the press, its inflation. They should be avoided in order not to aggravate the situation. These include bending the upper spine, twisting lying and on the block with a rope, bicycle, push-up, cross crunches. That is, direct press exercises during diastase should be avoided. It is recommended to perform the following:
- Pelvis uplifts. Lie on your back. The legs should be bent at the knees. Thighs lift upwards, thus tear off a basin from a floor. At the top extreme point, stay. Squeeze the maximum buttocks, strain the press. Lower the pelvis to the floor. Increase gradually the number of repetitions of this exercise up to 12 times.
- Squats with a pilates ball between the legs. Press your back against the wall. Between the legs, pinch a small ball. Sit down, sinking down and not coming off your back from the wall, so that the trunk and thighs form an angle of 90 degrees. At the lowest point, hold for 25-30 seconds. Slowly straighten up.
- Raise your legs up one by one. The exercise is performed from the prone position. Knees should be bent, feet pressed to the floor. The left leg should be lifted upwards with the sock drawn on itself so that it is parallel to the ceiling at the top point. When raising a leg from the floor, you need to tear off the pelvis. Lower your left foot, do the same with the right one.
- Steps in the air. Lie on your back. Hand over your head, straight legs pull. Then lift them slightly and take steps in the air.
- Cranberries with a towel. Wrap your torso with it. Lie down on the floor. The ends of the towels must be crossed at the waist, intercept them with their hands crosswise. And now slightly lift the head and upper arms, pull the ends of the towel to bring the pelvis and chest together.
As for the effect, the first result of the regular execution of these exercises can be seen in two weeks. Ideal option - the performance of such gymnastics in the fresh air to enhance the flow of oxygen. You can start it 3-4 weeks after the birth and be sure to listen to your well-being, do not overdo it.
A prerequisite for the elimination of diastasis is compliance with the diet. After all, when burning fat, there is a decrease in circles, including in the abdomen. Elimination of excess weight helps reduce pressure on the rectus abdominis muscles. Therefore, the fight against diastasis will go faster. If we talk about its overall duration, then with systematic exercise and dieting for one and a half to three months you can return the old prenatal forms.