We will learn more about this.
Causes of endocrine infertility
Anovulation is the absence of ovulation or their irregularity.
It occurs as a result of:
- Hypothalamic-pituitary dysfunction. Comes after traumatic brain injuries, tumors. An increase in the synthesis of prolactin leads to inhibition of hormone production by the pituitary gland, a decrease in the natural functions of the ovaries, and irregular menstruation.
- Increase the number of androgens (male sex hormones) ovaries or adrenals, sometimes with two glands at the same time. Often the problem accompanies the polycystic syndrome and at the same time causes obesity, hirsutism, bleeding.
- Thyroid dysfunction. Hypothyroidism and toxic goiter are often accompanied by anovulation, infertility, fetal anomalies, miscarriage.
- Lack of estrogen and progesterone. This deficiency provokes an inferior transformation of the endometrium and prevents the introduction of the fetal egg into the uterine cavity.
- Serious somatic pathologies, for example hepatitis, tuberculosis, malignant neoplasms.
- Obesity or lack of a fatty tissue in a person. It also performs the endocrine function, has an effect on metabolism in tissues, including the reproductive system.
- Savage Syndrome. This is the name of the failure of the pituitary-ovarian connection, that is, the insensitivity of the ovaries to the gonadotropins, which stimulate ovulation.
- Premature menopause.
- Ailments associated with sex chromosome mutations.
Signs of endocrine infertility
The main one is the impossibility of pregnancy. Also, it is a malfunction in the menstrual cycle.
Sometimes delays last from a week to 6 months. Sometimes the signs of this disease are permanent bleeding in the period between menstruation. In a third of all patients with this diagnosis, the cycles are anovulatory. Women can feel pain in the lower abdomen, vaginal discharge, tension in the mammary glands.
With an increased number of androgens in women, there is hirsutism, acne, alopecia, blood pressure jumps, obesity or weight loss.
Treatment of endocrine infertility
Its first stage includes the normalization of the functions of the endocrine glands. This refers to the correction of diabetes, adrenal gland, thyroid gland. Further hormonal stimulation of follicle maturation and ovulation is done. To this end, the patient is prescribed drugs clomid, clostilbegite, clomiphene. By the way, when using the latter very often, multiple pregnancies occur.
If conception is absent for 6 cycles, gonadotropins are connected. These funds increase the frequency of pregnancy.
As practice shows, endocrine infertility is well amenable to hormone correction. If it is burdened by a tubal-peritoneal factor, then in vitro fertilization is required.
The offensive and physiological bearing of pregnancy with the diagnosis of "endocrine infertility" is possible, if the approach to treatment is complex.
As for the forecasts, today this type of infertility is not a verdict. Successfully treated 80% of patients purely medicamental methods. After the onset of pregnancy, the patient's condition is monitored. If necessary, she is hospitalized and prescribed maintenance therapy.
Prevention of this form of infertility - a warning of chronic tonsillitis, childhood infections, rheumatism, toxoplasmosis in adolescence. Of great importance is the correct emotional education of girls. After all, the work of the ovaries often suffers as a result of psychological trauma, mental overstrain.