Because of this, pregnant women often suffer from pyelonephritis (inflammation of the kidneys). In principle, to catch such a disease is easy enough, it is only to get the infection in the kidneys.
Among the symptoms of pyelonephritis sudden fever, low back pain, painful urination. Unfortunately, for the treatment of pyelonephritis it is necessary to use antibiotics, which is extremely undesirable in pregnancy. But in this case, the chances of having a healthy baby are significantly increased.
Gestational pyelonephritis has its own characteristics. Mostly he is ill during pregnancy. The disease occurs because the constantly growing uterus presses on the organs and tissues that are next to each other. In particular, the ureter can also be pinched, the channel through which urine flows from the kidney to the bladder. Because of this, the risk of getting into the kidney of an infection increases.
Worst of all, if a pregnant woman already had chronic pyelonephritis, and it complicated by gestational. In this case, the risk of severe childbirth and complications is significantly increased.
Of course, not every future mother has gestational pyelonephritis. To this predispose certain factors:
- cystitis or acute pyelonephritis before pregnancy;
- asymptomatic bacteriuria before or during pregnancy;
- diabetes mellitus;
- hereditary diseases of the kidneys.
With chiropractic pyelonephritis, chills, high fever (> 38 А C), low back pain, disturbances of urination, for example, an increase in the amount of urine or a change in its color. Sometimes women also complain of weakness, nausea, headache.
In principle, with timely urine tests, gestational pyelonephritis in pregnant women is quickly detected. After all, the sample will be found more leukocytes, protein and bacteria. Then, in order to find out which bacterium caused inflammation, urine culture is planted on the flora and antibiotic sensitivity. After, you can prescribe a medicine.
In addition to your treatment, an experienced doctor necessarily examines the baby in the womb. After all, you need to make sure that the disease is not affected. To do this, CTG, doppler and ultrasound are performed.
Many women ask themselves the question: whether it is necessary to treat pyelonephritis during pregnancy, because antibiotics also negatively affect the fetus. Yes, it is, but such treatment is compulsory! In order to calm you down a little, we will suggest some arguments:
- in the second half of pregnancy the child's sensitivity to drugs decreases, as the placenta, which is almost formed, can filter out the effect of antibiotics;
- In any case, the harm from antibiotics will always be much less than the harm from gestational pyelonephritis that has not been treated;
- Moreover, the further, the more difficult it is to treat the disease and it becomes dangerous for the organism;
- With timely treatment, the risk of preterm birth is reduced from 50% to 5%;
- In addition, the risk of giving birth to a baby with a low body weight, with impaired breathing, with an infectious disease.
If you are ill with gestational pyelonephritis, then it is very important first of all to establish nutrition. This means that you should drink enough water, then the urine will turn pale yellow or transparent. You can also eat cranberry and cranberry juice, it clears urine from bacteria and strengthens its outflow.
In addition, exclude from the diet pepper, garlic, onions, spicy herbs and spices, vinegar, pickled products.
Watch your health, and then you will have a healthy baby!