Varicose veins, pressure on the internal organs, heartburn, nausea, puffiness, high blood pressure - all these are the difficulties that women face in the situation. Especially dangerous in the period of bearing the baby is hypertension, so every future mother needs to know what factors provoke her appearance, and also how dangerous this state is in the last weeks of pregnancy.
Pressure in the period of gestation: norm and pathology
In a normal state, the person's blood pressure should be within 120/80. In pregnancy, the concept of norm has a more extended range of values ??- from 90/60 to 140/90.
Almost every tenth woman in the situation is facing hypertension, therefore this category of patients should be constantly under strict medical supervision. When attending a women's consultation, a prospective mother must measure BP. If the indicators are out of the normal range, doctors immediately take measures to normalize it, in order to exclude all possible complications.
What factors provoke an increase in blood pressure
The reasons for hypertension in the period of bearing a baby can be many:
- loads on the female body, which does not have time to adapt to new conditions and responds to changes in high pressure;
- stressful situations - a frequent cause of increased blood pressure;
- genetic predisposition, when there are hypertonics in the genus;
- the inadequacy of the compensatory forces of the female body during pregnancy, when the heart should be responsible for increased blood circulation, and it can not cope fully with the task;
- Diabetes mellitus - the disease itself does not increase blood pressure during pregnancy, but it can become a provoking factor;
- Abuse of tobacco products (smoking). Everyone knows that the benefits of a bad habit for health are few, and besides, nicotine adversely affects the cardiovascular system;
- weak physical activity, so that the heart does not fully cope with the load;
- problems with excess weight. For nine months of pregnancy, each woman is required to control her weight scores, because the excess weight or the propensity to obesity will necessarily affect the indicators of blood pressure;
- Violations in the activity of the kidneys can also trigger pressure jumps;
- hormonal imbalance caused by dysfunction of the thyroid gland, pituitary gland or adrenal gland.
Who is at risk
Of course, not all women in the situation have problems with blood pressure. However, there are also such patients who are especially prone to this condition. These include:
- women who have had miscarriages;
- pregnant women after the age of 35;
- Women who during the previous pregnancy had problems with pressure;
- fat and pregnant women prone to obesity;
- Patients suffering from hormonal disorders.
What signs signal about increased pressure?
Each future mother, especially if she has problems with blood pressure, will not prevent having a tonometer in the household - a special device that measures pressure. It is easy to use and allows you to find out the exact figures at any convenient time.
If you can not measure pressure, then pregnant women should listen to their body: it always tells you when something goes wrong. The occurrence of symptoms such as headache, ringing in the ears, bouts of nausea and even fainting signals high blood pressure.
But there are cases, when hypertension has an asymptomatic course and does not bother the pregnant woman, and is diagnosed only with the help of a tonometer. That is why it is so important during the gestation period to monitor the pressure indicators and regularly visit the women's consultation.
The danger of high blood pressure in the last weeks of pregnancy
High blood pressure before the happiest and long-awaited moment of pregnancy does not bode well. First of all, this condition can signal the occurrence of gestosis - late toxicosis. This is a very dangerous complication in pregnancy, which is accompanied by a retention of fluid in the body of a pregnant woman, edema, increased protein in the urine. For a child, gestosis is unsafe due to insufficient intake of oxygen.
Even if high BP is caused not by late toxicosis, then it should not be left without due attention, as with a regular increased pressure, the vascular tone increases, which in turn can lead to fetoplacental insufficiency. In such a case, the child will be deprived of oxygen and nutrients, which is fraught with a delay in his intrauterine development.
In addition, if the jumps of blood pressure are regular, and the indices are above 140, then a premature placental detachment is possible. Such a process can result in abortion or premature onset of labor.
Also, hypertension in the last weeks of pregnancy can provoke eclampsia - a condition characterized by convulsive seizures, which is also dangerous for a woman and her baby.< h2> What to do with high pressure?
As you have already understood, the high pressure in the period of bearing the baby, especially before his birth, is a dangerous symptom signaling pathology and requiring immediate medical intervention. It is simply unacceptable to engage in self-medication in this situation. The doctor will prescribe medication on the basis of the results of the examination. Your task is to strictly adhere to all medical appointments, observing the dosage of drugs and the duration of therapy.
If the pressure rises slightly, then you can resort to folk therapy. To contribute to the normalization of pressure, hypotensive drinks can be used: cranberry juice, beet juice, pumpkin broth, vinaigrette, birch juice. Of course, folk remedies do not completely eliminate the problem, However, they can become an excellent preventive measure.
In severe cases, the only correct solution may be hospitalization, where the patient will undergo therapy under strict medical supervision until the forthcoming birth.