Insemination of young couples is prescribed in the case of the following indications from the partner:
- subfertile sperm is an ineffective decrease in the fertilizing capacity of sperm or masculine infertility;
- Ejaculatory-sexual disorders.
From the side of the partner should also be their testimony:
- cervical factor of infertility. It is about changing the properties of the mucus of the cervix. This prevents the penetration of a sufficient number of spermatozoa into the uterine cavity;
- Vaginismus - unauthorized contraction of the muscles of the vagina and perineum under the influence of fear of sexual intercourse;
- to improve the effectiveness of female infertility treatment.
However, not all women can be inseminated. There are cases when it is completely contraindicated:
- therapeutic and mental diseases, in which pregnancy can not be born;
- Tumors and tumor-like formations of the ovary;
- malignant neoplasms of any localization.
As you can see, there are not so many contraindications for insemination. The main thing is still the result and advantages of this procedure for those couples who can not have children. For example, the introduction of sperm directly into the uterine cavity allows:
- to avoid the influence of cervical mucus on spermatozoa, with normal sexual contact, some of them stay in this mucus and die.
- control the process of ovulation and ensure the meeting of spermatozoa and eggs in the optimal time for fertilization.
- improve the quality of sperm and increases the chances of becoming pregnant in comparison to natural intercourse.
How do insemination?
Insemination is now carried out in many medical clinics. Immediately before the procedure you need to undergo a course of treatment for infertility.
With insemination, ultrasound first determines the time of ovulation in a woman's natural cycle. Then, on this day, the concentrated sperm of the partner through the cervix is ??inserted into the uterine cavity. The procedure itself is painless, since sperm is injected with a special catheter with a very small diameter, which passes unhindered through the cervical canal. Insemination lasts about two minutes. After the woman should be in a horizontal position for another 20-30 minutes.
But not everything can be calculated, after insemination, some complications are possible:
- allergic reactions associated with the administration of drugs to stimulate ovulation;
- a shock-like reaction with the introduction of untreated semen into the uterine cavity;
- acute inflammation or exacerbation of chronic inflammation of the female genital area;
- the emergence of multiple pregnancy or ectopic pregnancy.
Insemination at home
In principle, insemination at home, the practitioners do not recommend practicing - the procedure should be conducted professionally and with the participation of physicians. And, nevertheless, today it is possible to purchase on a free sale special kits with the help of which insemination is carried out at home. This is the so-called artificial intravaginal insemination, when the sperm is injected by a woman into the vaginal depth by means of a syringe.
The procedure of insemination alone has certain difficulties. So, it will have to be carried out, controlling the process by observing in the mirror, which is attached to the kit and which needs to be inserted into the vagina.
The procedure itself is as follows: the sperm is collected by a syringe, which is then put on a special tip. The air from the syringe is previously removed. The vagina is inserted into the vagina, slowly opens and fixed for 2-3 cm. Then the extension cord is inserted into the vagina together with the syringe - so that its tip is not too close to the cervix. Now slowly you can click on the plunger of the syringe, releasing the sperm at the base of the cervix.
As during insemination, and for a minimum of half an hour after it, it is necessary to lie with a slightly raised pelvis (you can, for example, put a pillow under the buttocks).
It should be borne in mind that insemination at home should be carried out at the most favorable time for conception - during the period of ovulation. Determine whether insemination at home was effective, possibly in the future with the help of pregnancy tests.
Effectiveness of insemination
Insemination is quite affordable financially and the efficiency of the procedure is on average no more than 15%. This - if we say on the average: different sources, the effectiveness of insemination is determined from 2% to 40%. This "spread" in the data is explained simply: for carrying out insemination, clear indications are needed - after a thorough examination.
During the examination, specialists must take into account several factors. First - the patency of the fallopian tubes: with some changes in the fallopian tubes, insemination will not work. Secondly, should take into account fertile or subfertile parameters of the spectrogram: in certain cases, insemination as a method of conception will be ineffective, and a positive result can be achieved exclusively through the IVF program. In addition, the age of a woman is also important: after 30-35 years the quality of eggs decreases, therefore, many physicians believe that at this age it is better to stop the choice on the method of in vitro fertilization, if a woman wants to become pregnant.