A lot of disputes arise in the care of hair. When hormonal changes begin in the body of a future mother, often the structure of the hair deteriorates, they become too brittle and dry. Keratin straightening helps to get rid of bored curly locks, restore the health of the strands, make them alive and shiny. But, unfortunately, specialists do not recommend this procedure during pregnancy. It uses carcinogens, the impact of which on the embryo is not fully understood to date. Moreover, honest hairdressers say that it is not known how the hair will behave after straightening. Due to changes in the hormonal system, creatine may not produce the desired effect.
There are several types of keratin straightening: Brazilian, American, Japanese and classical. For women, the second option is appropriate. During this procedure, no harmful formaldehyde is used, which can enter the body through the scalp. But it has some features. First, the price of American straightening is much higher, which can really hit the family budget. In addition, the effect is not so long.
What can replace keratin straightening during pregnancy?
No wonder that the future mother wants to improve her hair, despite all the warnings of experts. But nevertheless, it is better to replace keratin straightening with another procedure or at all to wait for the day when the child will be born. Wonderful alternatives to keratin can be considered:
- Containing this hair mask and sprays. They will not have a negative effect on the fetus, they will sufficiently effectively restore the structure of the hair and slightly smoothen the bored curls.
- Lamination. Not only will help save money, but also will have on the head of a pregnant woman an action similar to keratin. This procedure is absolutely harmless, because in the role of active substances are natural components, such as gelatin, vitamin complexes and oils. As a result, you can get perfectly even strands that will impress the surrounding with their healthy shine.
- Shampoos for naughty hair. They will not give a bright effect, but they will facilitate easy combing and elimination of dryness.
- Aligning the curls with ironing - can not be called safe, because you can severely damage the state of the hairstyle. But in any case, this procedure is better than using formaldehyde. Moreover, in skilled hands the iron does not damage the hair.
- A popular method in recent years has been the treatment of strands Botox.
Disadvantages of keratin straightening during pregnancy
It can not be argued that a true professional is able to carefully calculate the dosage of components used in straightening. But, even so, there are some caveats for the girls in the situation:
- It takes at least three hours to fix the hair of medium length. It is unlikely that the future mother will comfortably sit still in the hairdresser's armchair throughout this time.
- The aromas present during keratin straightening can hardly be called pleasant. They can cause nausea, severe dizziness and even loss of consciousness.
- It has already been mentioned above that because of the altered hormonal background the procedure will give insufficient result or will not give it at all. Even a master can not foresee this. Therefore, the means and time will be wasted.
- Often with the onset of pregnancy, hair begins to crumble and become dry and brittle. Rare hair after keratin will seem even rarer. Moreover, it is better to take into account in advance that after the expiration of the applied substances, a long-term restoration of the natural state of the strands will be required.
- In addition to all of the above, formaldehyde sometimes has an allergy, despite the fact that its amount was minimal.
Summing up, we can confidently say, that keratin straightening is completely contraindicated for pregnant women for a variety of reasons. With complete care, you can achieve the ideal condition of the hair without the use of dangerous substances for the future child.