Melon is loved not in vain
Not everyone likes a melon, but very few of them know how useful this sweet fruit is! About its medicinal properties, you can really say a lot. But today we will tell you what can be useful melon during pregnancy.
As usual, let's start with the fact that the melon composition for a pregnant woman and her unborn child is almost perfect. There are so many vitamins and mineral salts necessary for them! Folic and ascorbic acids, calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, phosphorus & hellip; If you are interested in already similar questions, then you know how important these substances are for the normal course of pregnancy and development of the fetus. In addition, melon contains vitamins A, B, E, P, PP, sodium, silicon, pectins, fiber.
If you talk specifically about the benefits of melons during pregnancy, you can quite accurately identify the following of its properties:
- promotes the development of the "happiness hormone" - enhances the mood and smooths stressful situations, improves the work of the nervous system;
- helps to increase the level of hemoglobin in the blood;
- stimulates peristalsis and improves intestinal cleansing, supports its microflora, prevents and eliminates constipation and hemorrhoids during pregnancy;
- in moderate amounts very gently removes excess fluid from the body, preventing the appearance of edema in pregnant women;
- provides the production of blood cells;
- helps keep the nails, hair and skin in good condition - thanks to silicon; However, to get to it, you need to eat the flesh at the very skin, but you can even wipe the skin with the remnants of melons, pre-flesh.
It is very nice that for all this, the melon is very low in caloric content (100 grams of pulp have only 36 kcal), and the sugars included in it are easily digestible. Nutritionists even recommend including a melon in the diet for people prone to obesity and overweight. But remember that there is a lot of sugar in the melon, so it should be used with caution.
Learn how to eat a melon correctly
If you consider a melon during pregnancy isolated from all sorts of factors and circumstances, then you can safely be called an exceptionally useful fruit, apart from a possible allergic reaction to the product. However, it is still possible to spoil it, mainly with nitrates. Melon absorbs nitrates very easily, therefore, without a doubt, it presents a potential danger, especially if it came from afar.
It is clear that eating a melon in food is only in season, it is better to choose for this late varieties of melon. To sweetly suck berry digested well and bring the body only benefit, eat it separately from other foods and drinks in between meals. After a dense meal must pass at least 2 hours, and on an empty stomach is a melon and is not recommended at all.
Especially does not like melon companies sour-milk products, cold water and alcohol - do not combine them. Violation of the described rules for the use of melons will not pass without consequences for the digestive system and the gastrointestinal tract.
And of course, even when eating a yellow berry correctly, remember that you can not abuse: the melon during pregnancy will be useful in an amount not exceeding 200 g or 2 pieces a day, experts say. In addition, you should consult a doctor about melon in diabetes, obesity, inflammation of the intestine and exacerbation of kidney and liver diseases.
To everyone else - a pleasant appetite and good mood!