The definition of "anopic pain syndrome" is a broad concept that combines a number of manifestations (proctalgia, anal neuralgia, anorectal pain, cocciogeny), the main symptom of which is pain in the perineum, anus or coccyx.
Since this can be very dangerous, with pains that are disturbing you should immediately contact your gynecologist and talk about everything in detail. If necessary, the doctor will refer you to the appropriate specialist, who first will have to find out the cause of the pain.
The causes of pain in the coccyx in pregnancy:
- In the first place, this way about yourself can let you know the injuries of this zone in the past, even in a very distant and even if you have never worried . If you exclude this cause, then you should look further.
- During pregnancy, the bones undergo significant changes, the pelvis of the woman expands, and the tailbone itself deflects backwards so as not to interfere with the child's exit.
- In the second trimester, the growing uterus leads to tension of pelvic bones, sacrum, coccyx and their ligaments.
- Wrinkling of the nerve at the exit from the coccyx.
- Pain in the coccyx may be associated with the threat of premature termination of pregnancy.
- Magnesium deficiency and / or calcium deficiency.
- Inflammatory diseases in the lower abdomen (for example, adnexitis - inflammation of the uterine appendages, fallopian tubes and ovaries).
- Salt deposition or inflammation in the joint between the sacrum and coccyx.
- Violations of the neuromuscular system of the pozadianal space and the entire pelvic floor.
- Diseases of the spine with neurological symptoms.
- Diseases of the rectum, even when they are cured (hemorrhoids, anal fissure, proctitis, sigmoiditis, etc.).
- Operations in the anus, leading to scarring deformities of the anus.
- Omission of the perineum.
- Heavy delivery, in which a large fetus unbends the joint with a tear outward.
- The habit of sitting in the toilet for a long time.
- Constipation, diarrhea.
- Diseases of the urino-genital organs;
- Psychoemotional stress.
What to do with pain in the coccyx during pregnancy?
As we have already said, consultation with a doctor in this case is mandatory. But if you have not found anything serious, the pain in the coccyx in this case is a variant of the norm, and all the medical recommendations boil down to what you need to endure, you can try some of the suggested ways to relieve the pain:
- learn to remove the load from the lower back and lower body special exercises that are part of the gym for pregnant women. Good special ball helps. Classes must be regular;
- dry heat also calms the pain. To do this, a bag of heated salt or a boiled egg is suitable, which must be applied to the area of ??the coccyx. Although many are afraid of any thermal procedures, so it's best to consult your doctor;
- Some people are helped by acupuncture, but with this one should be very careful;
- if necessary, you can make a compress on the sacrum: Traumel ointment + 5 drops of a mixture of essential oils "articular".
Remember that you can not wear any weight now (this applies even to a heavyweight handbag). In case of problems with the coccyx, it is not recommended to sit on the soft, despite the fact that it is very difficult to sit on a hard one. Be sure to wear a special bandage for pregnant women - this is an excellent prevention of many complications, and greatly alleviates the pain. And try not to sit for a long time - often get up, walk, move.