Signs of multiple pregnancies:
- Excessive fatigue. During the gestation of the child, all mothers quickly get tired, including during the first months of pregnancy. Women begin to sleep more than usual, feel exhaustion of the body. If you are pregnant with twins, a feeling of constant fatigue will manifest itself even more. Some women who have given birth to twins remember that they slept almost everywhere. Drowsiness and fatigue is primarily due to the fact that the body begins to work overtime.
- A fat positive band on the pregnancy test. This sign of a multiple pregnancy scientists singled out according to the results of the survey, among the mothers of twins. Most of them claim that already in the first weeks of pregnancy the second strip on the test was immediately clear and oily. The fact is that multiple pregnancy increases the level of HcG (human chorionic gonadotropin). It is HcG that is the hormone that is found in the blood or urine of a pregnant woman for a period of about 10 days.
- A big belly. This sign is not very obvious. It is a question of, that during pregnancy, the doctor from whom you are observed will constantly measure the height of the uterine fundus. Basically, with a strong expansion of the uterus, there is talk of a multiple pregnancy. However, it should also take into account the fact that the appearance of a large belly in a pregnant woman can occur through other factors.
- Severe toxicosis. In the first trimester of pregnancy, many women experience toxicosis. According to statistics, this is about half of all pregnant women. But if you are pregnant with twins, you are not only provided with constant vomiting and nausea, but most likely it will happen in a double size. Although, to be frank, it's all very individual, like every pregnancy.
- Abnormal result of the AFP test. This test is conducted in the second trimester of pregnancy to detect abnormalities in the birth of a baby. The result of the test can go off scale if you have two or more children.
- The number of heartbeats with Doppler. For such a study, early equipment requires special equipment. To enhance embryonic heart rhythms, harmless sound waves are used. In this way, more than one heartbeat can be detected. But sometimes there are mistakes. It happens that the second pulse is in fact a secondary noise or pulse of the mother herself.
- Heredity. Great chances of getting pregnant with twins are women who have a twin mother or have twin siblings.
In addition to those listed, there are many national signs of multiple pregnancies. However, 100% guarantee that you will have twins, will be able to give only through ultrasound. This is the easiest way, and you can do ultrasound in most cases already at 5-6 weeks of pregnancy.
If you expect a twins, then be twice as attentive to yourself and your health!